B Tech Electronics and Communication
About The Course
B.E. Electronics & Communication Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication Engineering is an undergraduate Electronics and Communication Engineering course. The duration of the course is four years and the course deals with the study of design, manufacture, installation and operation of electronic equipment, systems and machinery, telecommunication systems, radio, TVs and computers used in the entertainment media, hospitals, computer industry, defence forces and in various other areas. The B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) degree topics generally cover the study of basic engineering concepts and techniques such as engineering mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering drawing, etc in the first year and then concentrate on topics such as core electronics, digital electronics and logic design, fundamentals of communication engineering, electronic circuits, signals and systems, power electronics, applied electromagnetic theory, integrated circuits, VLSI, control systems and computer architecture, etc during rest of the three years of the degree study. After having passed the degree course the candidates find a lot of career opportunities in the very area of their course.
More Details About B Tech Electronics and Communication
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a reasonably high percentage of marks in the aggregate and clearing the different national and state level entrance exams such as All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE), Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) etc, conducted by different universities and colleges across the country.
- Selection to the B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) degree course is based on marks secured in the final merit i.e. total marks aggregated in the final exams of 10+2 and the entrance exams.
- A Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in the country. The entrance to the IITs can be secured only after clearing this JEE.
- Those who have analytical skills such as analysing research methods, methodologies, data, conclusions and recommendations, critically evaluating government policy and assessing performance against home and global economies are the most suitable match for it.
- Those who possess skills like problem-solving i.e. extracting relevant information, drawing conclusions and making logical recommendations whilst considering the wider social and political influences are also good match for it.
- Another skill that allow them to go the course is computing that is using specialized software to analyse data, presenting findings using appropriate IT methods and producing visual presentation to inform and shape decisions.
- An Electronics & Communication engineer have a plenty of job opportunities available in Central Government, State Governments and various development centres in different states that deal in manufacture, sales and services of electronics & communication consumer goods and appliances.
- A degree in B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) enables an individual to start one’s own enterprise in manufacturing, assembling or repairing electronic goods, parts and components.
- Increased demand by the government, the military and many businesses for the electronics & communication equipment, computers and military electronics along with rise in consumer demand and increased research and development on robots and other types of automation has opened vast employment opportunities in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- All India Radio
- Atomic Energy Commissions
- Civil Aviation Departments
- Internet Technologies
- Consumer Electronics & Communication Equipment Manufacturing Units
- Co-ordination Departments
- Defence Services
- Educational Institutions and Research Establishments
- Entertainment Industry
- Health Care Equipment Manufacturing Industry
- Indian Railways
- IT Industry
- Power Electronics & Communication
- Telecommunication Industry
- Production Manager
- Electronics Hardware Development Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- Technical Documentation Writer
- Production Quality Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Assistant Manager/Manager
- Electronics Technician
- Product Line Engineer
- M.Tech. (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Electronics and Communications Engineering)