About The Course
BPT or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an undergraduate Academic Course in a Medical Science Field known as Physiotherapy. Physiotherapy uses physical agents like exercise, massage and other modalities for providing treatment to those patients whose movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, disease or environmental factors. The duration of BPT is 4½ years including internship of 6 months. Physical Therapy Programs provide core skills like manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and the application of electro physical modalities, to the prospective students. There are various Physical Therapy Colleges which offer Physiotherapy Courses. Physical Therapy Degree Course is especially meant for those who have compassion for the sick or injured. Physiotherapy is very challenging and demanding as one may need to work for long hours and have tremendous patience as some patients may not respond to immediate treatment. Apart from rigorous education, one needs to have lots of physical stamina because of the nature of the work. An individual seeking a physical therapy career should have excellent interpersonal skills to get the best from his patients.
More Details About BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- To pursue BPT one needs to be pass in 12th class or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology (including practical) provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately.
- There is a Common Entrance Test (CET) for the course in Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Admission is based mainly on CET scores.
- A candidate seeking admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy should be at least 17 years of age
Specialisations are offered in Master of Physiotherapy Course.
- A candidate who has attained the Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree can set up his or her own Physiotherapy clinic.
- After clearing a Bachelor of Physiotherapy program, one can pursue master’s in physical therapy. A Physiotherapist can go for a certification in a sub-speciality of Physiotherapy. These speciality areas include cardiovascular and pulmonary, sports therapy, geriatric, neurological, orthopedic, pediatric, and electrophysiologic physical therapy.
- Defence Medical Establishments
- Educational Institutions
- Fitness Centres
- Health Institutions
- Orthopaedic Departments
- Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers
- Private Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centres for the Handicapped
- Schools for the Mentally Retarded and Physically Disabled Children
- Sports Training Facilities
- Assistant Physiotherapist
- Customer Care Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Self Employed Private Physiotherapist
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator
- Therapy Manager