About The College
St Aloysius College
St Aloysius College , mangalore established in 1880 belongs to a network of educational institutions administered by the members of the Society of Jesus, a religious order which runs schools, colleges and universities in more than 105 countries in the world. Now Aloysius College in its history of 140 years. thousands of students who have passed through the portals of this institution now and Rendered outstanding service to humankind not only in India but across the globe.
Despite its status as a minority institution, St Aloysius College has imparted high quality education to all sections of society regardless of caste, colour or creed. Inculcating social awareness and enhancing social concern is one of the main thrusts of the college. We are extremely proud of our alumni/ae who have turned into agents of radical social change.
Creativity, critical thinking and conscience are the imperatives for bridging the ever widening g gap between communities and cultures. We invite you to join us in our endeavour by being an integral part of forming men and women for and with others.
St Aloysius College
Colleges generally strive hard to teach students how to think critically, reason analytically, solve problems practically and communicate clearly. But St Aloysius College will ask for something more from its students by educating and forming them to become men and women of faith, wisdom and service to their communities. This is the “Value Addition” of Jesuit Higher Education.
The Internal Quality Assessment Cell (IQAC) of St Aloysius College was established in 2004, immediately after the first NAAC Accreditation of the College. It has been reconstituted after the second cycle of NAAC Accreditation in 2010as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
One of the major challenges of the IQAC is quality sustenance of the institution. It has channelized various efforts and measures towards the holistic development of the institution. In the post accreditation scenario it played a crucial role in the implementation of the recommendations of Exit
- To develop a system ensuring improvementin academic and administrative excellence in St Aloysius College.
- Develop measures towards quality enhancement through promoting quality culture and creating benchmark in the College.
- Promote institutional values among the faculty and students of the college.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic andadministrative activities of the Colleges.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education andfaculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teachingand learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on qualityrelatedinstitutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes andpromotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to qualityimprovement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, includingadoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose ofmaintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on thequality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (likeNAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges basedon the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance andenhancement endeavours.
The College has 7 undergraduate programs. It provides Bachelors of Arts with 15 combinations, B.Sc with 16 combinations, B.Com, BBA/BBM with 8 batches & 4 batches respectively including embedded programs, and BCA with two batches, B. Voc with 3 courses and BSW. There are 21 postgraduate programs across disciplines along with research studies. Three more postgraduate programs proposed to start from the academic year 2018-19.
The college has two research Centres for promoting research. Two more research Centres have sanctioned by the affiliating University. The encouragement given to research has enabled the staff members to publish research papers in UGC approved journals.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA
The large number of academic seminars organized, conferences attended by the teachers and the conference papers presented after the college became autonomous will go a long way to establish the attitudinal change among the teachers. The college publishes three research journals. Several Postgraduate Diploma, Diploma and short term certificate programs have introduced. Besides this, College has established “St Aloysius Institute of Civil Services” (SAICS) in collaboration with Alternate Learning System (ALS), Delhi, inaugurated on 4th June 2019.
The College has more than 6,500 students at various levels. Our students have excelled not only in academics but also in cultural, sports & games and many other fields of performance. The college has all the wings of NCC and NSS units. In fact, our college is the only one college in the university area to have all the three full-fledged wings of NCC. Students offered facilities like sports, recreation, photocopying, health check-up, disabled friendly structures, drinking water and sanitation.Separate student hostels in each of the centres for both men and lady students.