About The College
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT), Bangalore, an Autonomous Institute, with ‘A+’ Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), New Delhi, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Govt. of Karnataka The institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi.
NMIT offers Nine UG Engineering programs and Ten PG programs including MBA and MCA. The institution offers Doctoral Programmes under VTU in diversified areas. Located in the city of Bangalore – the Silicon Valley of India, off International Airport Road, the campus is spread over an area of 23 acres and was awarded ‘Best Green Campus’ by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi. The Institute provides an ideal ambience to stimulate the teaching-learning process and hence helping in bringing out skilled and disciplined Engineers. NMIT has excelled in both academics as well as research, which has led to the establishment of nine Centres of Excellence, meant for innovation in emerging areas. The institute is Ranked 4th at All India level and 1st in Karnataka by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)-2022 by the Govt. of India.
Library & Information Centre
The Library & Information Centre of Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) has a comprehensive collection of Books, Periodicals, Audio / Video CD-ROMs, E-Resources in Engineering, Basic Sciences, Management and General subjects to cater to the needs of Faculty members, Research Scholars, Staff and Students.
The intent of the NMIT Library is to support and enhance the learning, teaching, research, and service activities of the institution. The collection of the Library comprises of recommended books for courses, subscribed Print and Online journals and E-Book Databases Links to various Subject Gateways. Subscribed E-resources can be accessed in the campus and remotely through Knimbus software.
NMIT has a separate MBA Library. Every Department has Departmental Library. The library has a seating capacity for 300 people. The Library is fully automated using KOHA Library Management Software and Library activities are completely automated.
NMIT provides On-campus Hostels for about 1000 boys and 500 girls. There are four hostels for boys and two for girls. Twin and triple sharing rooms are available. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are available for students.
Students may order extra and special items for all meals in addition to the standard menu. These items are available for a minimum charge.
In-house wardens take care of the needs of students and help maintain discipline in the hostel.
All the Hostels have common areas with TV and reading rooms where students can relax. Campus has good security with CCTV surveillance. Transport facility for students is available.
- Gym for boys and girls
- Outdoor and indoor sport facility
- Wi- Fi connectivity
- 24/7 HT power supply with 320 KVA generator
- Reading room, TV rooms and music room
- Medical center at the college and MOU with two hospitals for medical care
- Security with CCTV surveillance
- Cooperative Stationary store
- ATM of two banks — AXIS bank and Corporation Bank
- On campus bank counter
- Open Air Theatre
To address student health care, NMIT has a Medical Centre, which is staffed by a full-time nurse. A doctor visits the Medical Centre twice a week. NMIT has a MoU with Ramaiah Memorial Hospital and Aveksha Hospital for further medical services..
The College provides transportation facility to students and staff who commute to and from college. College buses cover majority of regions in Bangalore, Chickballapur and Doddaballapur.
NMIT canteen provides hygienic and sumptuous food, both in north Indian and south Indian styles, with an ample choice of cuisine, to students and staff. In addition to this, the campus has housed several other eatery outlets which provide quick snacks, fresh fruit juice and bakery items.
Multipurpose Co-operative Society
The college has a Multipurpose Co-operative Society on campus. The society makes life easy for students and staff as it provides stationery and other items / services.
For the welfare of students, well-equipped separate gymnasium for boys and girls with wide range of facilities is set up in the campus. The gymnasium is open to all members of NMIT and is maintained by the Department of Sports.
Seminar halls and Auditorium
The institute has an Open-Air Theatre with seating capacity of 2500.
In addition to this, the institute has state of the art Seminar halls and Auditorium with seating capacities mentioned below. Each of them is facilitated with AC, wi-fi connectivity, Projector screen and Sound System.
- New Auditorium: 325 Seating Capacity
- PGDM Auditorium (PGDM Block): 120 Seating Capacity
- Seminar hall 1 (Main Building- Ground Floor): 200 Seating Capacity
- Seminar hall 2 (Main Building- 2nd Floor): 147 Seating Capacity
The AXIS Bank has set up an extension counter in the campus for the benefit of students and staff. Also, two Automated Teller Machines (ATM) from The AXIS bank & Union Bank of India, are functioning in the campus.
The NMIT campus spread over 23 acres. Therefore, security of students and employees is an important aspect. 24×7 security system with personnel placed at points of entry/exit and at entrances to buildings in the campus.
- Robust and scalable IT Infrastructure with 1800+ computers
- Wi-Fi enabled campus with 1 Gbps (leased line- 1:1)/li>
- 24/7 HT power supply with three generators of capacity 500KVA, 320KVA and 160KVA to ensure uninterrupted power supply
- Residential facility for faculty
- Temple on Campus
- On- campus Internet Browsing/Reprographics Facility
- Various Cultural and Technical Clubs
- Recreation Centre with Musical Instruments
- Sewage Treatment Plant
- Rain Water Harvesting System
- Green Energy Initiative with Roof Top Solar Panel of capacity 382KW along with 450KW sanctioned capacity from BESCOM
- E- waste disposal system in place
- Group Medical Insurance scheme for faculty
- ESI medical facility for non-teaching staff
- Personal Accident Policy for students
- Free Yoga Class for Students & Staff
- Ramps & lifts for the easy movement of physically challenged students / staff
- Book bank facility for students
- Photocopy Centre
- CCTV Surveillance System
Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Govt. of Karnataka
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi.
- BE Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- BE Civil Engineering
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
- BE Electric & Electronics Engineering
- BE Electronics & Communication Engineering
- BE Information Science and Engineering
- BE Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
- Diploma in Electric & Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- M Tech
- M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Application & IT