Master of Physiotherapy is a Post Graduate Academic Degree awarded for a course or program in the field of Physical Therapy, more popularly known as Physiotherapy. It is also known as MPT or M.P.T. which is an abbreviated form of the Master of Physiotherapy degree. Some Institutes also abbreviate it as ‘M.P.Th’ which also stands for Master of Physiotherapy. The duration of M.P.T. is 2 years. Physical Therapy programs provide practical learning experience which enable knowledge gain, skill and the required behaviour expected from an expert Physiotherapist. The course curriculum is based on case studies and clinical practice so as to encourage students in critical thinking.
Eligibility for Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) course is 50 % marks in BPT with completion of 6 months internship. Apart from this one also needs to clear the entrance test to get admission.
- Cardio respiratory .
- Paediatric Neurology.
- Hand Rehabilitation.
- Obstetric and Gynaecology.
- Community Physiotherapy.
M.P.T. is meant for talented students who already hold a degree and who want further their knowledge and gain specialisation in a chosen field. Those candidates who have interest in research work and want to excel in the field with new innovations are very much eligible for this course.
- M.P.T. is an advanced degree wherein one learns to take one of the challenging positions like Consultant, Teacher, Researcher, and Clinician etc.
- Master of Physiotherapy enables one to learn a lot of skills in treating patients and gain more confidence in the process.
- Gaining a mastery in one's chosen field of specialisation increases the employment opportunities
The field of Physiotherapy is a major field of employment in Australia, Canada, US, UK and New Zealand and as such it increases the scope of practising Physiotherapy abroad. Candidates who generally pursue physiotherapy courses abroad, generally get absorbed in the country where they are studying.
- Defence Medical Establishments.
- Educational Institutions.
- Fitness Centres.
- Health Institutions.
- Orthopaedic Departments.
- Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers.
- Private Clinics.
- Rehabilitation Centres for The Handicapped.
- Sports Training Facilities.
- Schools for the Mentally Retarded and Physically Disabled Children.
- Chief Physiotherapist.
- Research Assistant.
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator.
- Self Employed Private Physiotherapist.
- Therapy Manager.