B.Pharm. or Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate Pharmacy course. Pharmacy is the art and science of preparing and dispensing drugs and medicines. The duration of B.Pharm. is four years whose curriculum is covered in a number of 6-8 Semesters, varying from institute to institute. B.Pharm. the curriculum provides valuable knowledge of health care and biochemical science. Students are expected to perform a number of experiments along with theory classes. Pharmacy education and profession in India up to graduate level is regulated by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), a statutory body governed by the provisions of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 passed by the Indian Parliament. Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy enables one to practice the profession of a Pharmacist. There are a number of recognized universities worldwide which offer online Pharmacy Degree. Some of the online Pharmacy Degree Schools are University of Florida, Kaplan University, Baker College, Lehigh University, University of Phoenix, Grand Canyon University and the University of Liverpool.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy requires a candidate to have cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology as subjects. One must also pass with at least 50% marks in Pre University Course with biology/mathematics as one of the subjects, or complete a D.Pharma. (Diploma in Pharmacy).
- There is an option of pursuing Direct Second Year Bachelor of Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) if one has: Should have an aggregate of 50% marks in the First and Second year D. Pharmacy Examination with a pass in HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) or Mathematics. Or
- Minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 examination as per Regulation (1a) above with pass in two year D. Pharmacy course.
- The criteria of a minimum percentage of marks may differ from institute to institute. In some states, it is also mandatory to give an additional pharmacy entrance examination in order to be eligible for the course.
- Candidates willing for Master’s Degree and then for further research work can go for it.
- Those who want to become teacher or lecturer also are suitable for this course.
- They should have good knowledge of Pharma Industry and other updates about it.
- A candidate can pursue a Master Degree in Pharmacy which offers various specialization like Pharmacognosy, pharmacology etc.
- After obtaining a Pharmacy degree, and registering with the state Pharmacy Council, one can start his/her own Pharmacy or Chemist Shop to stock and sell medicines.
- Chemist Shop
- Drug Control Administration
- Educational Institutes
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Centres
- Medical Dispensing Store
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Research Agencies
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Health Inspector
- Analytical Chemist
- Research Officer
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Drug Therapist
- Customs Officer
- Data Manager
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Regulatory Manager