Ramaiah Institute of Technology
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT)Bangalore was started in 1962 by Late Dr. M S Ramaiah, our Founder Chairman who was a renowned visionary, philanthropist, and a pioneer in creating several landmark infrastructure projects in India. Noticing the shortage of talented engineering professionals required to build a modern India, Dr. M S Ramaiah envisioned MSRIT as an institute of excellence imparting quality and affordable education. Part of Gokula Education Foundation, MSRIT has grown over the years with significant contributions from various professionals in different capacities, ably led by Dr. M S Ramaiah himself, whose personal commitment has seen the institution through its formative years. Today, MSRIT stands tall as one of India’s finest names in Engineering Education and has produced around 35,000 engineering professionals who occupy responsible positions across the globe
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology shall meet the global socio-economic needs through
1. Imparting quality technical education by nurturing a conducive learning environment through continuous improvement and customization.
2. Establishing research clusters in emerging areas in collaboration with globally reputed organizations.
3. Establishing innovative skills development, techno-entrepreneurial activities and consultancy for socio-economic needs.
- Well-appointed rooms for single/double/triple occupancy with attached/common bath rooms with hot water.
- Two spacious halls for comfortable dining.
- Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and special dinner is provided by the mess comprising of both North and South Indian food items. The Mess Committee made up of student representatives from different parts of the country decide the mess menu on cost sharing.
- Eight heavy duty washing machines in the old block provide for free laundry services.
- Ironing of clothes at subsidized rates.
- Large recreation halls equipped with LED TV’s, newspapers and magazines in each of the three hostel blocks.
- Indoor and outdoor games facilities.
- Availability of light refreshments from the canteen up to 12 midnight.
- Health center with a senior doctor for consultation and treatment available from Monday to Saturday between 5 pm and 7 pm. Medicines are supplied free of cost.
- Round the clock security to all blocks. Additional security at blocks occupied by freshers.
- RO drinking water from the in-house plant.
- Guest rooms for visitors which are charged according to availability.
- Cabled/ Wi-Fi internet provided at nominal charges.
- A vegetarian mess is run on self-service and dividing system. Every student of the MSRIT is automatically a boarder at the time of admission to the hostel.
- Every boarder shall see to it that, congenial atmosphere maintained in the dining hall to enable the staff to do their job effectively.
- No boarder shall enter into a quarrel or unnecessary discussion with staff or co-boarders.
- Outside food not allowed into the dining hall/hostel premises except purchased from the stores situated within the premises.
- Service in the mess shall as per the scheduled timings only.
- There shall be no service to the rooms and food will not preserved for late comers.
- Mess Committee formed shall constitute representation from all semesters who will specify the Menu and quantity to bserved and no boarder shall question the Committee’s authority to do so or work at cross purposes.
- The menu so specified by the Mess Committee will duly approved by the Warden, to have an effective control over the cost.
- The Mess Committee will act as an advisory body and report to the Warden about the quality of food and on the general cleanliness in and around the mess.
- The Committee will also bring to the notice about the quality of service being given by the Mess Staff.
Network and Internet Center is where all the important servers are located in a safe and secure place. Air-conditioned with adequate power backup. Internet Gateway also located here. The institute has an Internet connection of 2100Mbps at 1:1 compression on fiber handout. The internet connection controlled and regulated by using a UTM device contains an antivirus and antispam database.
Some of the important servers in NIC are
- Web Server
- Student Information System
- Biometric Attendance System
- DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- BBWT AMS
- LDAP Server
- Moodle/elearning serve
Well equipped with a multi-gym, a range of free weights and aerobic equipment. The gym is great for building strength, burning fat, improving general fitness, or for specific sports conditioning. The gym open to all members of MSRIT. The college gym maintained by the Department of Sports
The Library began its existence in 1962. With its modern collection, knowledge resources and innovative information services fills an essential role for Students, faculty and the surrounding community in their intellectual pursuits. Centralized Air Conditioned fully automated library with the state of the art technological applications with a carpet area of 1762 sq. mtrs. It holds knowledge resources predominantly related to Engineering, Technology, Management and allied subjects
The institute premise is having a number of bore wells in addition to BBMP corporation water facility. The water facility is available for 24 x 7 to all blocks of the institution and all hostels. It proposed to take-up water treatment plant and the same will executed shortly. RO treated drinking water facility is also provided
Solar power facility
The proposal of solar installation with a 441.6 KVA roof top solar power generation approved accordingly as per the purchase order placed with M/s Swelect Energy Systems Ltd, company at a cost of Rs. 2 crores 35 lakhs only. The same installed by the firm
The institute has spacious parking facility which can accommodate 1720 two wheelers and 100 four wheelers. Multi level, wide and sufficient parking places are provided separately for staff and students. 24 x 7 security and CCTV cameras also installed for all parking places
The institute has many state of the art auditoriums. Auditoriums used for several occasions such as Graduation ceremony, First year inauguration, Fresher’s party, Felicitation functions, Alumni events, Major department level events, and others. The following is the list of auditoriums with seating capacities:
- Apex Block Auditorium: 1000 Seating Capacity
- ESB Seminar hall 1: 315 Seating Capacity
- ESB Seminar hall 2: 140 Seating Capacity
- DES Hi-Tech Seminar hall: 200 Seating Capacity
- LHC Seminar Hall 1: 115 Seating Capacity
- LHC Seminar Hall 2: 115 Seating Capacity
The institute has the following four board rooms which used for Governing body meetings, Academic council meetings, Board of Studies and Board of Examinations meetings, Principal’s meetings, and others
- Apex Board Room: 60 Seating Capacity
- ESB Board Room: 60 Seating Capacity
- DES Board Room 1: 50 Seating Capacity
- DES Board Room 2: 45 Seating Capacity
MSRIT has two food courts providing ample choice to students. The two full fledged canteens provide hygienic and sumptuous meals both in north Indian and south Indian styles. Quick snacks and fresh fruit juice counters are also available in the canteens
There are separate common rooms and recreation centers available for male and female students. These facilities are available in all blocks of the institute and students can use these facilities during college working hours.
The free group mediclaim tailor-made policy bearing policy no. P/141125/01/2016/009894 issued by Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Ltd. is provided for all staff members of the institute. Under this insurance, sum Insured per person / per family is Rs.1,00,000/- only for every staff member.