- BSc Cardiac Care Technology
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc Neuroscience Technology
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology
- BSc Optometry
- BSc Perfusion Technology
- BSc Radiotherapy Technology
- BSc Renal Dialysis Technology
- BSc Respiratory Therapy
- MSc Echocardiography
- MSc Medical Imaging Technology
- MSc Medical Lab Technology
- MSc Perfusion Technology
- MSc Psychology
Download AJ Institute of Medical Science Fee Structure 2022
About The College
AJ Institute of Medical Science
The college building is constructed on sloping land, overlooking the city. It provides an aesthetic ambience coupled with a breath-taking bird’s eye view of the city. Managed by Laxmi Memorial Education Trust and also attached to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, city and recognized by Medical Council and Dental Council of Asian country.
Located on a 30-acre campus snuggled against the lush greenery of the coastal paradise of Mangalore. The city is well joined by railways, roads, air and seaports respectively. The various buildings and blocks of the college are build elegantly to complement the land.
AJ Hospital and Research Centre 360° Virtual Tour
AJ Institute of Medical Science
A.J. Hospital & Research Center ,Super specialty NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) Accredited, 1100 bedded hospital .Its the first hospital to do following steps in this region as Renal Transplantation – live as well as cadaveric, Cadaveric Organ Retrieval, drug-eluting stent placement, Pediatric Lap Nephrectomy, Pediatric Carotid stenting, Limb Replantation’s, Interventional Radiology and Comprehensive Stroke Unit .
A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre include facilities such as PET CT, Gamma Camera, Triple Energy Linear Accelerator with IGRT, 128 slice Dual Source CT, 1.5 Tesla 18 channel MRI, Dual detector Digital Radiography and Dexa Scan. A division of arthroscopy is also available.
Health Centres – Primary Health Centres and Rural/Urban Health Training Centres
- PHC I – Balthila; located 25 km from the college
- PHC II – Sajipanadu; located 27 km from the college
- PHC III – Panemaglore; located 25 km from the college
- UHTC – Kavoor; located 01 km from the college
Facilities in AJ Institute of Medical Science
A J Institute of Medical Sciences has Electronic, Hybrid and Digital Library.
A Well-Stocked Library with a collection of 14,428 Books and also subscribed around 138 International Journals. EJournal Subscription likes CYGNUS, EBSCO and J-Gate and having a database of over 2,500 listed companies in about 2000 journals and facilitated with MANLIBNET, INFLIBNET and ERNET. AJIMS Library standard the importance of textbooks and reference materials in higher education from inception and also by firmly trying to expand the best to its users with the seating capacity of more than 150 Members Reading Hall.
AJ Hospital Laboratory works under the application of leading-edge technology. All laboratories of the Institution are fully equipped. Both Anatomy and Physiology Laboratories are well equipped. The Nursing Laboratory includes dummies, models, manikins, charts, and all equipments for learning.
A. J. Hospital & Research Center maintains well equipped, modern labs for Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Biochemistry and Microbiology. As well as the labs have been covered with fully computerized equipments as it results in accuracy and dependability of the investigations done. A Computer Lab with a large number of computer systems, internet & e-mail connection is also available. A. J. Hospital’s laboratories and blood bank follow rigid quality control measures which covers both internal and external quality programs.
Faculty and Staff Members
A. J. Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre consists of 300 Teaching Staffs and 150 Non-Teaching Staffs who rend their services for developing health care of public.
A. J. Medical College has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Life in hostels always provides many wits and fond memories. Likewise, each room provided with all modern residential facilities with a neat environment, for boarding and other recreational activities.
Aquaguard water filters provide clean water for drinking. Power Generator backup facility to ensure uninterrupted power supply in the Mess Hall and corridors. A Reading Room provides a venue for extra-curricular activities and some relaxation. Furnished Guest Rooms are also provided for occasional stay of father/brothers and men faculty.
Anti-Ragging Cell and Disciplinary Committee helps to create a Hostile Environment that places emphasis on learning and personal growth. Hostel has a Zero Tolerance Policy on Ragging, in line with the judgment of the Supreme Court of India, UGC guidelines, State Government and University policy.
Students experience theoretical expertise in spacious class rooms equipped with mike system, OHP & LCD and Projector etc .
Besides , they provide necessary amenities for learning and teaching in the classrooms. Modern teaching aids such as television, whiteboards, etc are also extensively used .
Spacious classrooms, well ventilated, disturbance-free wide corridors also available . With a sprawling learning zone, several clinics, wide variety of labs, attached teacher’s room, therefore each department is made comfortable for all students, employees, and visitors .
Well equipped auditorium with best audio-visual facility . Environment here encourages students to be more creative, to overcome the fear of the stage and hence they become more confident. In brief , acoustics and optimum seating arrangement of auditorium thus results its pride place in the campus.
Sports & Gymnastics
Campus has separate facilities for both indoor and outdoor games . The sports facility in the campus consist of an athletic turf track of 200 mtr, football ground, cricket pitch, basketball, volleyball ,basketball courts etc .The campus also provide indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess and Carroms.
Above all , prime importance of institution is the physical fitness of the students.
A well equipped air conditioned multi-Gymnasium in 5500 sq. ft building . Timing from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the benefit of both students and hostellers.In addition , Gym consists of an elliptical trainers, Treadmills, exercise bikes, rowing machines ,full fledged multi-gym etc..
Below we have mentioned the complete fee structure of AJ Group of Colleges Mangalore. To check the UG & PG Courses Fee structure, Click here.
The MBBS is a four and a half year period course followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship. And also with a lasting 12-month internship which includes short courses in community health, medicine, surgery, obstetrics gynecology, child health, orthopedics, emergency medicine etc..by the guidelines of the Medical Council of India. Finally ,admission is based on candidates marks in NEET-UG held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
A.J Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center offers MBBS -UG Course with total intake of 150 seats yearly and also through seats allotted 25% for Govt Quota; 60% for Management and 15% for NRI Quota.
The primary batch passed out in February 2007 and they also completed an internship on 15 of April 2008. The college offers post-graduation course’s i.e. M.D. and M.S. degree in various departments like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, medical specialty & material media, Pharmacology, Pathology, Biology, Community drugs, ENT, medical specialty, medical specialty, PTCD, Anaesthesiology, Radiology, internal medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Tocology & Medicine etc.
Karnataka NEET Counseling Process
Step 1 – Login & Registration: To enter Karnataka NEET counseling, applicants can
Click on the link provided on this page when released. Click on the ‘web counselling’
option, after which applicants require to enter their NEET rank, roll number and
registration number of the application form.
Step 2 – Choice filling Process: The online choice filling of Karnataka NEET
counseling will look on the screen. There will be a list of colleges available with
college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 3 – Saving choices: After successfully selecting & Preference, fill in the details
chosen and click on the ‘save’ button . An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile
number, which must be entered in the space provided, then click on the ‘confirm’
button . The choices filled will lock automatically and after that the scheduled time of
- A Pass in 12th Standard or Equivalent examination approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects, and English as one of the languages of study, with at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects.
- The candidate should complete 17 years of age .
- Medical fitness .
- Candidate should appear compulsory for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th grade .
- The Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities are based on NEET score and seats for colleges / institutions / universities available through counseling based on the eligibility score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and also by availability of seats .
MD / MS Degree and Diploma Courses
The MD-MS degree program provide research experience in engineering which leads in research publishing. The MD-MS degree is designed for people who intend to pursue both clinical practices and research skills. Well suited for those who desire a better understanding of the types of technology that they may employ as practicing physicians. The program also provide practices in engineering design and analysis.
In Mentor-based entire course , expert coach guides the students . As its a tutor-based program , therefore research professionals guide students by proper training in the healthcare industry.
- Candidate affiliated to this university and candidates who passed final year M.B.B.S. , completed one year internship from colleges, with permanent registration of any State Medical Council are eligible.
D.M and M.Ch Courses
Master of Surgery – most advanced qualification in surgery. At a typical medical school the program lasts between two and three years. Both clinical and academic competency awards ChM . Regulations ask for surgical experience and also for thesis topic ( purely non medical ).
- Candidate seeking admission for D.M. courses in any subject must possess a recognized degree of MD (or its equivalent recognized degree) in the subject specified in the regulations of the Medical Council of India from time to time.
- Candidate seeking admission for a M.Ch course in any subject must possess a recognized degree of MS (or its equivalent recognized degree) in the subject specified in the regulations of the Medical Council of India from time to time.
B.Sc. Courses in Allied Science
Its an undergraduate program for those who aim to pursue a career in the specializations under Allied Health Sciences. Allied Health Research , a newly developing trend in human services thus ,results in the development of medical services to a separate stream of wellness experts.
By studying BSc Allied Health Science, so that students get to know about the crucial role of allied health professionals in the medical sector . In addition to clinicians and attendants, partnered well-being specialists are a fundamental part of the holistic community, applying their expertise to the patients’ prevention, remedial and rehabilitative consideration.
To know more, about BSc Allied Health Science, click here
- A candidate seeking admission shall have studied English as one of the principal subjects during the tenure of the course shall have passed.
- A Pass in 12th Standard or Equivalent examination approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects, and English as one of the languages of study, with at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects..
- Lateral Entry to the second year for allied health science courses for candidates those who have passed diploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by RGUHS , also eligible for admission.
- Students are also eligible to take admission on the lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The minimum age for admission will be 17 years at the time of admission..
Documents Required For Admission
For UG Candidates
Allotted candidates should complete the admission formalities with the following documents ;
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3 Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a certificate with an attested photo from Head of
- Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License
(Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC
mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
- Firstly, collect the application form from the website of Enrollacademy or University.
- Secondly, the submission of duly filled forms for application with essential and mandatory documents. Duly signed with the application, further applications for the fees either in demand/draft or cash to the Office of Admission, A.J College.
- After that, collect the admission confirmation letter and pay the remaining amount while starting college.