About The Course
B.A. Political Science or Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is an undergraduate Political Science course. Political Science is the study of theory and practice of politics and description and analysis of political system and political behaviour. The B.A. (Political Science) degree course involves study of both national and international political systems. It covers a very broad field which incorporates the study of historical and modern political systems, public administration, governmental policies and procedures, international relations and public affairs. Regarding the duration of course is concerned it is three years.
More Details About BA Political Science
Aspiring candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board of the country.
- Applicants those who have reasoning and logic, argument and debate, Mathematics Skills and want to understand political structures are the most suit for it.
- Students who want to pursue communication and research work in political science field can go for this course.
- Students who want to become political analyst/leader also are suitable for the course.
- Applicants must be courageous, diplomatic, hard worker, good communicator and the like other things.
- B.A. (Political Science) degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.A, Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Political Science, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- The B.A. in Political Science prepares students for careers in politics, public administration, judiciary, law and other disciplines that require knowledge of functioning of the political systems.
- The greatest scope after doing B.A. in Political Science is that it not only makes you eligible but also gives you a better chance to qualify the Indian Civil Services exams.
- Law schools are a very common destination now-a-days for recent graduates in Political Science.
- B.A. (Political Science) degree holders can do research on political parties in India and in other countries.
- Colleges and Universities
- Government Agencies
- Public Relations Departments
- Intelligence Wings
- Consulting Firms
- Publishing Houses
- Law Firms
- Research Organisations
- Public Policy Organisations
- Social Work Organisations
- United Nations (UN) and its Agencies
- Campaign Organiser
- International Research Specialist
- City Housing Administrator
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Corporate Adviser
- Legislative Analyst
- Public Affairs Research Analyst
- Corporation Legislative Issues Manager
- Legislative Coordinator
- Policy Analyst
- Corporate Social Policy Issues Analyst
- Political Commentator
- State Legislator
- M.A. (Political Science)
- M.Phil. (Political Science)
- Ph.D. (Political Science)