B.Sc. Biotechnology or Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology is an undergraduate Biotechnology course. Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that involves the use of living organisms and bioprocesses in engineering, technology, medicine and other fields requiring by-products. B.Sc. in Biotechnology is generally three academic year course and the syllabus for the course is also divided into three years. It may be provided on a part-time basis by certain institutes. B.Sc. Biotechnology is an important one that provides a lot of career scopes to the applicants after its completion.
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or its equivalent exam in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The marks of admission for this course may vary from college to college as there are many colleges/universities which conduct entrance exams plus interview and percentage of 12th class for the admission of students.
- Students those who interested or desirous in Biotechnology and should have a scientific aptitude and a keen interest in the biological sciences are most suitable for this course.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions aiming to become a teacher can go for it as well.
- Who has the ability to work independently, ability to use computers, problem-solving mind, information technology skill, analyzing and interpreting skills also are a good match for it.
- This degree course enables the students to go for various Biotechnologies and as Lab technician one of them that includes cleaning and maintaining equipment used by scientists and working on the various pieces of lab equipment as instructed.
- The degree course provides a good base for a higher degree program in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree and research work.
- The course is beneficial as it provides opportunities to the candidates for becoming a research scientist who involves designing and carrying out experiments and writing reports for future publication.
- Colleges & Universities
- Government Hospitals
- IT Companies
- Content Writing (medical)
- Research Labs
- Research Associate
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Officer
- Assistant Research Analyst
- Biotech Product Analyst
- Research Associate
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
- M.B.A. (Biotechnology)