Download SG College Fee Structure 2022
About The College
SG College (Shri Gavisiddheshwara Arts, Science & Commerce College) , one of the prestigious College in Hyderabad- Karnataka rigion, functioning since 1963 successfully. The College is now affiliated to new University, Vijayanagar Sri Krishnadevaray University, Bellary. The NAAC awarded ‘B’ grade in 2004 and 2014.
The college, today offering UG courses in Arts, Science and Commerce and PG Courses in Commerce , Physics and English has very good academic record of students performance by securing most of the Ranks of Gulburga University, Gulburga and also Vijayanagar Sri Krishnadevaray University, Bellary from time to time. The college earnestly promotes quality of excellent higher education.
Our college provides relevant educational through the best faculty and infrastructure so that students can withstand the rest of the time and be of utmost benefit to the socity.
- To take higher education facility to the close proximity of rural youths.
- To teach students the art and science of tapping employment opportunities.
- To provide easy access to poor to quality higher education.
- To integrate modern teaching-learning aids with excellent man-power.
- To create healthy and student-centric learning ambiance in the college campus.
- To motivate student youth to imbibe ideals of life by means of education.
- To introduce a mechanism introspection both in teaching and learning class of people.
- To supplement best learning process by gradual inclusion of modern facilities.
- To consider the society needs by involving in and creating an opportunity in the form of educational exercises.
- To functionalize unbiased approach to accessibility and growth by extending education facility economically.
Facilities in SG College
College Student Council
The college has an active student’s council to represent the academic and co-curricular activities of the college. It is platform for students to exhibit their talents, creativity thinking and thereby help them to develop their personality by organizing and taking part in the various extracurricular or co-curricular activities of the institution.
- The Principal of the college is the Chairman of the Students Council.
- The Faculty members yearly by rotation becomes the President and Vice- President of the students Council
- All the class representatives are the members of the student’s council.
- The members of the student’s council are selected on the basis of merit, i.e. one topper from each class.
- The General Secretary and Joint Secretary of the students Council is nominated yearly by rotation on the alphabetical order in the first meeting of the student’s council.
- The student’s council members are members in the various associations of the student’s council.
The Library promotes student success through the development of critical thinking and independent research skills, and advances in teaching and learning by supporting instruction and professional development.
Shri Gavisiddeshwara Arts, Science & Commerce College Library provides services, collections and facilities to support the educational goals of students and employees. Members of the public are also welcome to use the collections and facilities. Student Identity cards are available to all the Students & Staff of the College. The Library selects materials in a variety of formats to support courses and programs as well as materials which are more general in nature and which support the educational goals of the College community. The Library also collects material relating to the people and communities of the Shri Gavisiddeshwara Arts, Science & Commerce region to help preserve the local historical record. Online access to many licensed research databases, e-journals and e-books is available at our campus. Campus library has study areas, access to computer workstations, library circulation and reference services, and computer printing and photocopy services.
- Our college has two N.S.S units. Naming ‘A’ Unit and ‘B’ Unit. Each N.S.S unit having 100 N.S.S volunteers.
- The college involves the NSS programme officer to keep the track of the extension activities towards the community-oriented activities in which our students are involved.
- Our N.S.S unit is working as a Koppal district Nodal N.S.S Office, under the Vijayanagar Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Bellary.
- Maximum number of N.S.S volunteers have participated State level / National level / Integration camps and N.S.S parades regularly. and engage in regular activities and special camp.
- Tree Plantation
- Aids awareness Ralliers
- Puls polio
- Sadbhavana Rally
- Blood group check up and Blood donation in local hospital
- Sramadhana in campus
- Anti Tobacco awareness and other service activities.
- The involvement of NSS Volunteers and NCC cadets in their annual special camps, by organizing Student’s Public Awareness Rallies on various Social, Environmental and Health related issues. All such activities help to our students to become a responsible citizen of this country.
- Every year, the Annual Special Seven Days NSS Camps were held in the selected in the selected adopted in neighborhood village and carried out various extension activities like; tree plantation, Cleanliness, and educating the rural folk on various government schemes for their developments and thereby sensitize our students on the social issues.
- They have taken part in the special awareness lecture programme on conservation of Agro-forest, protection of ozone layer, world food day, consumer Rights day, and legal awareness
- They have taken active participation in the celebration of various national events Independence Day, Republic Day, National Youth day, Sad bhavan day, Hyderabad Karnataka liberation Day, Birth Anniversary of Great national leaders.
- The NSS & NCC students have taken participation in the various levels of Units camps and blood donation camps.
- The students of these units have taken part and served the free food during the annual local sri. Gavimath Jatra Mahotsav, where thousands of devotees gather.
Our college National Cadet Corps (NCC) unit is working under NCC officer Lt.Dr.Dayanand Dalunke. (Assistant professor, Dept of Hindi). The NCC unit of our college consists of 108 cadets. Out of which 81 cadets are in the senior division (SD) wing and 27 cadets are in the senior wing(SW). the main motto of the NCC is to bring up the Unity and Discipline (Ekata aur Anushasan) among college students.
The extension activities of our institution are also under taken through the regular NCC camps like CATC, TSC, ARTC and T.C camps. The NCC cadets have took part in the NCC camp activities and there by imbibe the leadership qualities, national spirit, discipline, patriotism and the social service.
The extension activities of NCC living unit of our college under taken through regular NCC camps such as:
- Combined annual training camp- CATC
- Thalasena camp- TSC
- Republic day camp- RDC
- Army attachment camp- ARTC
- Trucking camp- T.C
The college has adequate number of well-furnished, well-ventilated, equipped laboratories for the subjects like; Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. The lab practical’s are conducted with the assistance of the designated attenders as per the academic schedule timings with batches. The individual subject wise batch strength is variable. Before the commencement of the practical classes, the students are given the orientation about the discipline to be maintained in the lab and lab equipment’s and chemicals which are to be handled with utmost care and attention. In spite of this, if any damages to any instrument or equipment’s done by the students, the penalty is collected from the concerned students. The necessary lab chemicals, apparatus, specimens are collected well in advance with the prior permission of the HOD and HOI.
Two storied building along with ground floor and first floor along with the extension towards north and south side of the main building in which well designed classrooms as per the norms of the affiliated university to meet the academic needs of both UG and PG programmes. 25 well spacious classrooms with all necessary furniture and well ventilated. Out this,14 classrooms installed with the LCD projectors for use of PPT, along with chalk talk method of teaching. After the college hours, the classrooms also utilised for the conduct seminars, special lectures, and to carry out the institutional certificate courses.
The college has separate computer lab having total more than 40 computers with internet facility. Maintained by the qualified computer teacher appointed by the management. In this computer lab students thus given basic computer knowledge both in theory and practical aspects. As per the CBCS norms of the affiliated university the computer subject – introduced as the mandatory paper for all the III and IV semester students of UG programme and our computer lab also provides the academic requirements of the computer students. Along with the computer theory, the practical demonstration of computers, the computer practical conducted by the concerned teachers with the help of smart board, and LCD PROJECTORS. Students hence allowed to make use of computers to gain the practical knowledge. The college has not made any MOU with any agencies for the computer maintenance. However, in case of any technical problem arises in the computers, we do hire the technical experts from the outside. So far, no such situation has occurred.
The college has well laid vast playground and multipurpose Indoor Hall to carry out the sports activities to our students. The sports activities in the college thus held under the supervision and the direction of Physical Director, Sri Vinod.C.M Who recruited in 2018 on permanent basis. The Physical Director of sports Department carry out the various sports activities and sports events for the students with the prior notification of timings to the students. Some of our sports persons have represented our institution at the inter collegiate level and few have at South Zone Inter-university and All India Inter University level sports competitions who regarded as University Representatives. The achievers in the sports activities encouraged by rewarding them with the institutional certificates and token medals. The college provides the facility of TA and DA for the students to participate in the sports events. Indoor Hall also used by our staff during specified timings.
- To Create Awareness of The Physical Education.
- To Overall Development of the Students.
- To Keep Body Fit And Mind Alert.
- To overcome Sense of Integrity and Team Spirit.
- To Creating Interest in the Sports Activities to Keep Them Away From Bad Habits.