About The Course
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology is an undergraduate Medical Lab Technologist course. Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease using clinical laboratory tests. During the course, these tests help students to learn and detect, diagnose and treat diseases. Also, the course deals with the collecting of information’s needed, sampling, testing, reporting and documentation of these investigations. B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) is three years duration course but it depends on the rules and regulations of the institute. The syllabus for the course is divided into three years and it is career orienting in nature.
More Details About BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
Candidates should have an intermediate (10+2) passed with science subjects or equivalent examination from a recognized University or Board.
- Applicants should be able to conduct research, finish tasks with accuracy, be a hard worker and can handle stress and should have interpreting technical skills.
- Students who are thinking of doing Masters’ Degree after it and then further research work also suitable for this.
- Students willing to have B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) degree and have knowledge of laboratory instruments, mechanical ability and the ability to use computers are most suitable for this course.
- This degree course empowers the students to go for various educational, hospitals, governmental as they can run laboratory, consultancy services, health care centres.
- This enables the degree holder to go for higher degree programs in respective subjects for a master’s degree and then further studies.
- They can also obtain jobs in industry as medical technologists are required there for positions in product development, marketing, sales, quality assurance, environmental health and insurance.
- Biotechnology Research Laboratory (Tissue Culture)
- Blood Donor Centres
- Colleges & Universities
- Military Services
- Associate Professor/Lecturer
- Lab Assistant
- Laboratory Manager
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Testing Manager
- Medical Officer
- Medical Record Technician
- Research Associate
- Resident Medical Officer