About The Course
B.Ed. stands for an undergraduate academic course known as Bachelor of Education. Earlier it was known as Bachelor of Training (BT). It is a course offered for those who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and related fields. Also referred to as ‘Bachelor in Education’ or in some universities as ‘SikshaShastri’, its duration generally lasts 2 years. Bachelor of Education Course can also be pursued through Correspondence or Distance Learning which is generally of 2 Years duration. While students from Arts Stream are trained to teach subjects like History, Civics, Geography and Languages. The students from Science Stream are trained to teach Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The B.Ed. degree course is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. National Council for Teacher Education is a statutory body which regulates courses in teaching in India. The B.Ed. degree is mandatory for teaching in higher primary schools and high schools.
More Details About BEd (Bachelor of Education)
- spiring students should have passed a Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) from a recognised board/university with at least 50% marks.
- Students need to appear in an entrance test conducted by the various states and Independent educational bodies and universities for admission in various teaching institutions attached with it according to the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- These exams are generally held in the month of June-July and consist of Objective type questions about English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Basic Arithmetic Teaching Potential and one local language in some states. The results of these exams are generally out by July/Aug. Candidates go through practical training courses, apart from theory classes. Know more about B.Ed. Entrance Test
- B.Ed. course makes an individual, skilled in efficient teaching of subjects based on accepted principles of learning and teaching.
- It develops our skills and widens our understanding so that we can impart quality education to our students.
- Teaching provides job satisfaction, job security, high earnings and flexible schedule.
- After B.Ed., students can pursue a Master in Education (M.Ed.) in Indian universities.
- Coaching Centres
- Education Consultancies
- Education Departments
- Home Tuitions
- Private Tuitions
- Publishing Houses
- Research and Development Agencies
- Schools& Colleges
- Assistant Dean
- Content Writer
- Education Researcher
- Military Trainer
- Syllabus Designer