About The College
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) Bangalore is one of the top B-Schools of India, with two other residential campuses in Chennai and Kochi. XIME is a private business school and it is ranked one of the Top Management Colleges in India. The college successfully bagged 68th rank in the best private school in Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2021 On 28th May 2019, XIME completed 28 years of glorious service to the Nation. It was on the same day, 28 years ago that eight founders got together at the residence of the Archbishop of Bangalore and signed the Memorandum of Association of this Institution.
The story of XIME’s journey is also one of sheer determination and grit. It has come to symbolize the resilience of our founders, rising as it has done from its humble beginning to a world class Institution with fully residential campuses in Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai.
In developing this Institution, some fundamentals in our approach to Business Education were tenaciously upheld:
- Value-based Education
- Receptivity to new ideas and currents of thought
- Global Orientation
- Commitment to Entrepreneurship
- Continued Innovation
And over the years, we have achieved most of them. But, we keep raising the bar for ourselves.
Early years were difficult – just a paltry sum of Rs. 60,000/- as the initial capital, no building or land of our own, and no rich man in the group. But, we were driven by a strong concept, a clear vision and a passion to dare and achieve. XIME’s story of growth and achievement is singular, and we are proud of it.
Some of the significant achievements during these years:
- XIME has produced in these years nearly 4000 brilliant alumni who are presently holding managerial positions in diverse areas of business and industry.
- Having come a long way from a humble beginning, the Institute has progressed rapidly and emerged as one of the top business schools of the country and is generally listed in the top 1%.
- From an asbestos shed of 3000 sq.ft. in St. Martha’s Hospital compound at Bangalore, XIME has progressed rapidly and now operates out of three fine campuses, with the first one at Electronics City , Bangalore, the second one at KINFRA Tech park, Kochi, and the third at Oragadam , Chennai, the Detroit of India. .
- Commencing with the initial 60 seats for admission to its programme, XIME now operates with a sanctioned strength of 420 seats (180 in Bangalore Campus, 120 in Kochi Campus and 120 in Chennai Campus); the biggest private sector B-School in South India.
- The Institute’s first geographical expansion was to Kochi, with a beautiful campus in KINFRA Hi-Tech Park in Kalamassery, Kochi.
- It is gratifying that all the 3 campuses of XIME are in Industrial areas belonging to governments – KIADB of Karnataka, KINFRA of Kerala and SIPCOT of Tamil Nadu.
- The geographical diversity of its students is one of the best with about 45-50% of girl students almost every year.
- In 2014 and 2017 its students won the coveted ‘Champions of India’ title at the AIMA National Competition. And in 2018 it won all the three prizes at the AIMA South India Competition for MBAs.
- In 2014 XIME Bangalore received the coveted International Accreditation for Quality from Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs [ACBSP], USA.
- XIME has several unique firsts that include the partnership of industries and philanthropists in building XIME’s main campus
Vision Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
To become a globally oriented Business School that counted among the leading Business Schools of India as well as abroad with high levels of international accreditation. The institution will forever have students at the centre of its aspirations and endeavours while manifesting wholehearted commitment . Competence, dedication and contribution to society the watchwords of XIME. Being staunchly devoted to excellence of quality, every unit of XIME will admit to its portals only .
To contribute to nation building by providing a steady stream of competent, value-driven and globally oriented managers.
- Openness to Ideas
- Societal Concern
PEO1: The students will be able to take up managerial roles in business, industrial and/or attempt entrepreneurial ventures .
PEO2: The students will accomplish all-round professional and personal development, through cultivation of analytical, problem solving and decision-making .
PEO3: The students will imbibe the best Corporate Governance practices .
PEO4: The students will be proficient at team work as High Medium . Future managers with a global perspective as well as potential to achieve organizational goals.