About The College
Padmashree School of Nursing
We have very spacious class rooms with proper ventilation and comfortable seating arrangements. Our classrooms are fitted with LCD projector.
Our college has very good laboratory facilities like foundation lab, MCH lab, Community Lab, Nutrition lab, Computer Lab, Anatomy and Physiology Lab etc. as per the INC norms and standards with the latest equipment’s and supplies.
- Padmashree Group of Institutions has hostel facilities which caters to over 2000 students.
- Separate hostels for boys & girls with round the clock security within the campus.
- Each hostel has a separate dining room which provides nutritious and tasty food.
- The libraries located in the college block with a collection over 10,000 books.
- The students have access to library from morning till late evening (Monday to Saturday: 08:30 AM to 06:00 PM)
- The libraries also equipped with online access to online journals and books and have subscription to NLIST- INFLIBNET and HELINET which provides access to students to thousands of international journals and books.
- There is fleet of buses which provide services to students and faculties.
- Bus facilities are provided to students to visit the clinical /hospitals for routine training and also for regular industrial visits.
- College buses regularly ply from city to campus and back regularly for the benefit for the local students.
- There is a clinic facility available on campus where a Doctor is available for students to get the necessary medical advice.
- An ambulance available in the campus for any medical emergencies that may arise.
PGI has a policy that the students should covered by insurance during their tenure of study hence insists on the same.
Those students who opt for insurance cover have medical insurance and also an insurance cover for students where in case of unforeseen death of earning member of the family the expenses for education to complete the degree are taken care of as per the policy conditions.
Common Facilities Available On The Campus:
IQAC is situated in the ground floor next to office room facilitating easy approach to monitor and maintain overall quality of the institution. Separate spaces designated for Women’s Cell, Student Counseling and Grievance Cell, Placement and Training Cell. A water purification unit installed which provides pure drinking water to students and staff members. The water facility regularly monitored by the IQAC-Maintenance Cell for hygiene. The campus has cafeteria and canteen providing refreshment facilities for staff and students.In the college campus a separate internet café available for the use of students and staff during off college hours.The costly equipment connected to power plugs with UPS, the labs air conditioned to maintain precision and avoid dust. Along with UPS a stand by Generator facility available during load shedding and power cuts. Campus has adequate number of bore wells for continuous water supply. For drinking water, water purifiers installed.
Maintenance Of Campus Facilities:
The Principal holds a pre-budget allocation meeting with the management, instruct HODs and purchase in-charge to collect the requirements for the coming academic year. The budget allocated for the purchase of chemicals, equipments and other laboratory needs monitored by the respective head of the departments. Quarterly meetings held with the purchase in charge to ensure proper utilization of funds. The overall budget planning and utilization maintained in the central office by the finance officer.
From next academic year we are planning to have department-wise budget allocation as per student expenditure ratio. A separate budget planning also in place for research and extension monitored by the research coordinators.
A coordinated system introduced to annually maintain, repair and calibrate instruments and equipment’s. College has annual maintenance contract for all the equipment and teachers given responsibility of maintaining instruments also with regular service taken by the provider.