About The College
MVM College of Naturopathy & Yogic Science
MVM Group of Institutions one of the best institutions located in Yelahanka, a major city on the way to Bangalore International Airport. The MVM group comprises of colleges of paramedical, Viz : MVM Pharmacy, MVM Physiotherapy, MVM Allied Health Sciences, affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore and MVM College of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management, and MVM College of Speech and Hearing affiliated to Bangalore City University, Bangalore.
With the vision of making MVM Group as offering multi-disciplinary programs, the first college of MVM Nursing was started in the year 2004. Then Colleges of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Allied Health Science, Nephropathy and Yogic Science were initiated under affiliation to RGUHS.
Stabilizing the above said programs under RGUHS, MVM Group got extended to starting MVM College of Arts Science & Management, and MVM College of Speech and Hearing under Bangalore City University.
These were possible because of the untiring efforts from visionary educationists – Sri M V Muniraj, Chairman of MVM Educational Trust; Sri Mukesh Surana, Director, MVM Group of Institutions; Sri Ravichanda, Director, MVM Group of Institutions.
All the colleges under MVM Group of Institutions are managed by MVM Educational Trust. Smt. C.K. Shantha Venkatesh is the founder member of MVM Educational Trust.
Facilities in MVM College of Naturopathy & Yogic Science
The library and the information center of MVM Group of Institutions is housed with a comprehensive collection of textbooks, reference books, CD-ROMs, Periodicals/Journals, E-Books in the field of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences. The collection is organized using DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification) 22/e. The library has all the books recommended by the AICTE, PCI, RGUHS and other regulatory bodies.
The digital library at MVM Group of Institutions caters to the needs of the students, teachers and the researchers, to access the E-books, Notes, and online tutorial classes round the clock. The library also has access to thousands of E-Journals including E-resources from Elsevier, ProQuest, Springer, Taylor and Francis, Helinet Consortium and National Digital Library(NDL).
The college also has a dedicated language lab according to the norms of AICTE. The language lab has 20 computers. The students can access the online courses through the SWAYAM forum.
- To provide accurate, current information to the students, faculty and the researchers.
- To provide information, bibliographic and indexing services to facilitate research.
- To make information available from various libraries in and around Bangalore, through a planned resource sharing programme.
- Flow Cytometer (The MACSQuant Analyser) – Model: Miltenyi Biotec, Germany
- Inverted Florescent Microscope (The EVOS Fluorescence Imaging System)- Model: EVOS FL, Life Technologies.
- Cell Sorter (The MiniMACS Separator)- Model: Miltenyi Biotec, Germany.
- Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR)- Model: ECO RT-PCR, Illumina.
- Oxygen control CO2 incubators (O2 – CO2 Incubator (For Normoxic/Hypoxic Growth Conditions)- Model: Thermo Scientific.
- Protein Purification Unit (The Biologic LP System)- Model: Bio-Rad.
- Fibrometer (STart4 Coagulation Analyzer)-Model: Diagnostica Stago Inc.
- SPECTROstar Nano-Model: BMG LABTECH, Germany.
- We undertake contract research and collaborative research projects on the following categories:
- Analysis of various samples using UV, IR, pH, flame photometry, conductometry.
- Design and Formulation of drug delivery systems.
- Characterization of semisolid dosage forms using Brookfield’s Viscometer.
- Detection of inorganic compounds, proteins.
- Microbiology studies.
- Extraction and Isolation of active constituents.
- Pharmacological &Toxicological studies using animal models.
- Drug Testing & Toxicity Studies using Stem Cells for Cancer, Cardiovascular Diseases and Diabetes.
- Cell Proliferation Assays using Hepatocytes, Neuronal cells, Fibroblasts, T Cells.
- Drug Discovery and screening using G- Protein.
- In-vivo and In-vitro drug screening models.
- Molecular Biology Studies.
- Electrophoresis, DNA& RNA Extraction.
- Drug designing using software like Design Expert.
Our ladies hostel staff very friendly and welcoming, the premises thus maintained, clean and tidy, always including the bathrooms. The bedrooms also designed and maintained comfy. The location is great added feature with easy proximity to restaurants, medical shops, hospitals, bus and auto stands all the above convenience also available worthy for the money you shell out.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all provided with the utmost care and high competency with varieties of food coupled with quality and hygiene catering practices being adopted constantly at the women’s hostel. Grievances on any of the services offered hence deal with immediate action by the ladies hostel wardens to ensure quality service offered without any interruption for the hostel inmates. The staff , well disciplined, caring and cooperative to the inmates of the hostel and always ready to provide assistance to their immediate requirements. The hostel warden makes necessary arrangements for required provisions for to satisfy the personal needs of the inmates of the ladies hostel.
Ladies hostel assisted by a lady warden and always under CCTV surveillance 24/7.
Provide the best facilities for students who stay away from homes. The excellent residential facilities carefully planned according to international standards. Our hostels on the campus offer well-ventilated, comfortable rooms with separate hostels for girls and boys. These hostels will accommodate more than 400 students comfortably. The hostel cleanliness comforts to ace hygiene standards. Mess facilities are also available to provide the hosteler with nutrition’s and quality food.
Sports Infrastructure within campus
Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka, and recognized by Government of Karnataka, Directorate of AYUSH.