About The Course
Bachelor of Nursing is an Under Graduate Academic degree awarded for a course or a program in Nursing. It is also known as B.Sc. – Nursing which is an abbreviated form of the Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. The duration of Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is 4 years. Nursing Programs provide a comprehensive foundation to clinical practice for the student nurse. Nursing School Programs enable a candidate to be develop into a graduate nurse who is committed to the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health and to the prevention of disease. The Indian Nursing Council is a regulatory body for nurses and education in nursing in India.
More Details About BSc Nursing
Nursing degree requirements are that a candidate should be 10+2 Class Pass with 45% aggregate in PCBE (Physics,Chemistry, Biology, English). Interested candidates have to appear in an entrance test conducted by the various state and Independent medical educational bodies to admit candidates in various teaching institutions attached with it according to the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam. These exams are usually held in the month of May-June and consists of Objective type questions based on the subject of relevant subjects the results of these exams are generally out by June/July.
Nursing Courses are not meant for just about anyone. Nursing Degree requires a person to have passion to help the sick, handicapped and wounded people. Bachelor of Nursing Degree demands a candidate to have a compassionate heart and enormous patience. It takes a lot of nerves to handle patients who are mental or who are in extreme pain. So one needs to be brave and strong hearted to witness trauma, sickness, blood etc. One should also be adaptable so as to adjust himself/herself to work in shifts or put in extra hours. Nursing is mostly meant for women as they have a natural tendency of taking care and warm heart which is necessary for quick recovery of patients.
- Nursing is a noble job as it is a health care job where one has to take care of various types of patients. Nursing itself means caring for the sick or injured or infirm and when one is involved in such a work, one acquires the status of a noble person. The profession demands great respect and admiration not only form doctors but also from patients.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree guarantees a good remuneration in lieu of the services they provide.
The increase in healthcare awareness among the masses and general development of the medical services has increased the area of scope for nursing professionals. Nursing services abroad bring in attractive salaries and promising professional opportunities, which causes a major increase for nursing service in foreign countries.
- Nursing Homes.
- Clinics and Heath Departments.
- Orphanages and Old Age Homes.
- Defence Services.
- Nursing Science Schools.
- Industrial Houses and Factories.
- Railways and Public Sector Medical Departments.
- Training Institutes.
- Staff Nurse.
- Ward sister or Nursing Supervisor.
- Department Supervisor/Assistant Nursing Superintendent.
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent.
- Deputy Director of Nursing
- Nursing Superintendent
- Director of Nursing
- Community Health Nurse
- Industrial Nurse.
- Military Nurse
- Nursing Adviser to the Govt. of India.