About The Course
D.Pharma. or Diploma in Pharmacy is an undergraduate Diploma Course in the medical field of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is a medical field involved in the preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication meant for therapeutic purposes. The course provides the minimum qualification to become a Registered Pharmacist in India. It is also offered as D.Pharm. in various medical institutes which is one and the same thing. Pharma.D./Pharm.D is another course which might sound similar but it is not; Pharma.D. is Post Graduate Course. Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) is the regulatory body of Pharmacy education in India and as such only the institutes approved by the PCI under sub-section (1) of Section 12 of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 can offer it. There is no specialisation in D.Pharma. and the course only provides the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science.
More Details About D Pharm
Minimum qualification for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy Part-I course -A pass in any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
- D.Pharm. is the minimum qualification required to be a registered Pharmacist in India.
- One can go for higher academic degree courses like - Master of Pharmacy where one can specialise in a preferred field.
- It also enables a candidate to go for higher studies abroad.
- It also enables one to study Ph.D. (Pharmacy) in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management.
- Health Centres
- Chemist Shops
- Drug Control Administration
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Home Tuition
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Research Agencies
- Food and Drug Administration
There are a variety of Pharmacy jobs available for candidates who have completed their M.Pharm. The scope of employment goes higher as one can go for jobs which are only research-based.
- Technical Supervisor
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Quality Analyst
- Scientific Officer
- Production Executive