About The Course
B.Sc. Zoology or Bachelor of Science in Zoology is an undergraduate Zoology course. Zoology is the branch of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct. Bachelor of Science in Zoology is three years duration course and the syllabus is divided into six semesters. After successfully completing the B.Sc. Zoology course has a great future ahead. There are many colleges/universities which are providing the degree course on their campuses in the country. The course is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs for them after its completion.
More Details About BSc Zoology
- Aspiring students should have passed 10+2 in science with at least 55% marks from a recognized school board.
- The aspirants also need a minimum mark in the entrance exam conducted by the institutes to get admission into the desired course.
- They should have good analytical, data-handling and written communication skills.
- Second, those who want to go for further studies and have project management, presentation, and oral communication skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Those who want to pursue a Master’s degree after it also are suitable for it.
- They should have the ability to conduct detailed work accurately and methodically; the ability to plan research, analyze and interpret data and write reports and practical skills.
- They have a lot of higher study options available in a variety of specializations and with that qualification they can get into any of the reputed organizations offering a work profile that suits their ability.
- Other activities are such as paid work, volunteering, family responsibilities, sport, membership of societies, leadership roles, etc. So here are also good scopes for them.
- Graduates of Bachelor of Science programs in zoology tend to work for medical laboratories, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, museums, wildlife rehabilitation centers, hatcheries, agricultural departments, environmental agencies and colleges, and universities. Because zoology is such a broad field, the types of jobs zoology can do are numerous.
- Zoologists are often known by the branch of zoology they specialize in. For example, those who study the origins, life processes and behaviors of birds are known as ornithologists. Those who study the origins, life processes and behaviours of reptiles and amphibians are known as herpetologists.
- Other job titles include zookeeper, animal caretaker, veterinary technologist and technician, environmental consultant, technical writer, biology teacher and research and laboratory technician.
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Colleges & Universities
- Environmental Agencies
- Medical Laboratories
- Government Hospitals
- Agricultural Firms
- Botany/Zoology Faculty Member
- Clinical Business Associate
- Area Sales Manager
- Online Tutor
- Research Associate
- Nutrition Specialist
- Medical Representative
- M.Sc. (Zoology)
- M.Phil. (Zoology)
- Ph.D. (Zoology)