About The College
Bangalore Institute Of Dental Sciences
Bangalore Institute Of Dental Sciences promote research and publications by the students and the faculty.The committee will conduct a scientific review of the research proposals by the faculty.The ambit of research work in the institution includes monitoring of research and allied academic disciplines.
Established in the year 1991 under the dynamic leadership of Mr. K Subba Rao, Chairman, VEF, the Institution has grown leaps and bounds. The first batch of students passed out of the college on 8th November 1995 which happens to be the red letter day when the premier Dental Council of India gave recognition to the Institution.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
From the academic year 2013-14 Post Graduation in the following specialties was also started.
- Oral pathology and Microbiology.
- Public health dentistry.
- Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
Provides study and research facilities for the Faculty of Dentistry and the Basic Medical Subjects. The Dental Library maintains extensive collections of books and journals for all the related subjects.
The college has an excellent Health Sciences library with state of the art facilities. The library has been carefully planned to have more space & natural lighting for the comfort of students. It has the capacity to accommodate 150 students at a time. Well equipped with different resources.
It has an undergraduate section which has a capacity to accommodate minimum of 150 students and a postgraduate section which can accommodate minimum of 60 students.
- Bids Hostel is located in the campus which is in the heart of the city on Hosur Main Road. It is easily accessible and is at a convenient distance from Malls and Shopping Places.
- Accommodation varies from single occupancy to two in a room. These hostels have with all amenities provided so that they do not miss their home environment at the sometime concentrate on their academic career, within college campus.
- The entire hostel complexes at BIDS are ensured with 24-hour security, maintenance, engineering, power and water supply. The hostel provides a cot, a mattress, a study table, a chair and a cupboard for each student among all other basic requirements.
- Hostel has RO purified drinking water supply, medical aid, solar heated water facility, water cooler, TV room, common reading and Recreation room etc.
- The hostels offer hygienic, tasty food(Many varieties of food and snacks of both vegetarian and Non-vegetarian are available for students in their favorite taste in different styles of Indian and more) in the attached mess hall and the hostels are under the care of full time wardens who are responsible for maintaining and monitoring them.