About The College
Azim Premji University
Azim Premji University, Bangalore, founded in 2010 and has been approved by UGC. Private University established as a Non-Profit Institution under UGC. It offers various UG and PG courses to the student like BA, B.Sc., B.Ed., LLM, and MA. All the admission processes pertaining to the courses offered by the University done based on the candidate’s ranking/score secured in the entrance conducted at the University Level. In addition to this, about 2000 students placed so far and around 300 organizations have visited for on-campus placements. The average salary offered to students INR 25,000 to INR 30,000 per month. 90% of the students have placed in the social sector. Some of the top recruiters are The Chipper Sage, The Concerned for Working, Children, The Galaxy School, The Glocal University, The ANT, The Heritage School, Teach for India, The Samhita Academy, The Teacher Foundation, Thermax Social Initiative Foundation, etc.
The students seeking admissions at the university supposed to appear in entrance tests. Based on the entrance tests, students shortlisted for personal interviews and then the final selection made depending upon the opted course. Students need to apply online through the official website of the University.
- Candidates have to visit the official University site.
- Click on “Apply Now”.
- Enter the required details.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the required application fee and submit the form after checking it.
- Students can also submit the downloaded application form in person at the university admissions office.
- Qualifying all the rounds of selection gets the candidates admission into the University.
UG Program: The selection process for the Undergraduate Programme include:
1. Entrance Test:
- Part A – Multiple Choice*: Test that will assess the English language capacities and quantitative capacities.
- Part B – Written component: Applicants will have to write an essay/ data analysis/ problem-solving based on their major preference.
2. Personal Interview: Shortlisted Candidates will be called for a personal interview.
PG Program: The selection process for the Postgraduate Programme includes:
1. Entrance Test
- Part 1: Multiple choice questions.
- Part 2: Essay based on the first program preference.
2. Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
The University offers the following facilities for the students:
- Accommodation- Students can stay at hostels on the campus, that facilitated with adequate amenities for a comfortable stay.
- Clubs and Sports- Clubs like Culture Club, Celluloid Club, Poetry Club, Drama Club, Media and Editorial Club are open for students to join.
- Medical Facilities: Medical facilities and Counselling made available to the students who need it in the case of emergency conditions.