About The Course
M.A.S.L.P. or Master in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology is a postgraduate Audiology course. The course study identifies the abnormalities associated with human speech, language, and hearing. The candidates are exposed to anatomy and physiology of hearing along with methods to improve their transcription and linguistic skills. The duration of the course is two years and there are many institutes in the country which are offering this course. After its completion, it provides many career opportunities.
More Details About MASLP (Master in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)
- Only those candidates who have completed B.A.S.L.P./B.Sc. (Sp & Hg)/ B.Sc. (HLS) degree or equivalent (including internship) from any RCI recognized center with an aggregate of 50% marks in all three years.
- Some reputed colleges and institutes do conduct entrance examination for admission.
- Applicants should be able to effectively communicate diagnostic test results, diagnoses, and proposed treatments in a manner easily understood by their clients.
- They must be able to approach problems objectively and provide support to clients and their families.
- They should have good verbal and written communication skills which are needed to interact with clients and other healthcare professionals.
- They should have patience as they need to communicate with patients and families suffering the effects of hearing loss and must be able to approach people with sensitivity.
- It is beneficial for those who are interested in working in hearing, speech and language therapy.
- The candidates are exposed to anatomy and physiology of hearing along with methods to improve their transcription and linguistic skills.
- The Course helps the candidate to gain advanced knowledge of disabilities associated with hearing and speech.
- These speech-language-hearing careers may include an audiologist, speech and language pathologist, a speech-language-hearing specialist and more.
- Academic Universities
- Centre for Disabled
- Community Care Centre
- Community Clinics
- Government Agencies
- Government Health Department
- Hearing aid/cochlear implant industries
- Hearing conservation program in industries
- Medical Hospitals & Clinics
- Normal schools
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Private Practice
- Rehabilitation Centre
- Consultant Speech Therapist
- Lecturer & Professor