About The Course
B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology or Bachelor of Science in Radiotherapy Technology or B.Sc. (RTT) is an undergraduate Radiography course. Radiotherapy, also called radiation therapy, is the treatment of cancer and other diseases with ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation deposits energy that injures or destroys cells in the area being treated (the “target tissue”) by damaging their genetic material, making it impossible for these cells to continue to grow. Radiotherapy may be used to treat localized solid tumours, such as cancers of the skin, tongue, larynx, brain, breast, or uterine cervix. It can also be used to treat leukaemia and lymphoma (cancers of the blood-forming cells and lymphatic system, respectively). The course provides many job options after its completion along with further studies.
More Details About BSc Radiotherapy Technology
- Aspiring students should have completed 10+2 (Medical) or equivalent with minimum 55% marks from a recognised school board.
- Some reputed institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
- Applicants should also be able to maintain accurate information systems for clinical data in accordance with departmental and hospital policies.
- Candidates should also possess skills like demonstrating clinical reasoning and knowledge in the assessment and treatment of patients; demonstrate evidence-based practice through decision making.
- They should be able to take responsibilities supporting the functioning of the radiotherapy service.
- Students willing to have further higher degrees and then for research work also are suitable for it.
- B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology teaches the students for focusing on one of the main methods used in the treatment of cancer; this course develops a special kind of person, who combines an interest in cutting-edge technology with a caring, people-orientated side.
- Candidates can work as a therapeutic radiographer delivering a technically advanced but caring service in hospitals around the world.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. etc.
- B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology helps to use software and systems for treatment and treatment planning.
- You also learn to apply theory to practice and tailor the treatment to the patient by accurately targeting high dose radiation beams and sparing surrounding normal tissues.
- Colleges & Universities
- Diagnostic Labs
- Govt. & Pvt. Hospitals
- Nursing Homes
- Public Health Centres
- Dermatology Consultant
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Radiation Oncologist
- Radiation Therapist
- Radiation Therapy Technologist
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Technical Executive