About The Course
B.Sc. Microbiology or Bachelor of Science in Microbiology is an undergraduate Microbiology course. Microbiology is the study of microorganisms, which are microscopic, unicellular, and cell-cluster organisms. This includes eukaryotes such as fungi and protists and prokaryotes. Viruses and prions, though not strictly classed as living organisms, are also studied. Microbiology typically includes the study of the immune system or Immunology. This is a three years degree course and in some case, it may be less or more than this depending on the institute to institute. It is an important and valuable course which opens a lot of job scopes for the candidates.
More Details About BSc Microbiology
Aspiring students should have passed 10+2 in science stream or its equivalent from a recognized school board.
- Those who can conduct literature searches and critically evaluating information are suitable for it.
- Those who have skills like identifying, selecting, organizing and communicating information; working on your own.
- They should have teamwork, recognizing the opinions and views of all members of the team and the habit of working for long hours.
- They should have good Mathematics and Statistics. In order for all of the information to be correct and in terms that the normal citizen could understand the meteorologist would need to be able to promptly convert figures, so we could comprehend the information.
- You can also work as a teacher in the field of microbiology at a college or university.
- You can opt for a career as a science writer, who writes articles for common people and professional microbiologists.
- They can become public health microbiologist who tries to control the spread of communicable diseases. They often monitor community food establishments and water supplies.
- They can go for Master’s degree and then for further research work.
- Colleges & Universities
- Development laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Sector
- Food Industry
- Beverage Units
- Chemical Industries
- Industrial Microbiologist
- Medical Microbiologist
- Proto zoologist
- Food Microbiologist
- Environmental Microbiologist
- Biomedical Scientist
- Cell Biologist
- M.Sc. (Microbiology)
- M.Phil. (Microbiology)
- Ph.D. (Microbiology)