About The Course
B.Sc. Food Nutrition & Dietetics or Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics is an undergraduate Nutrition and Dietics course. Nutrition is the process in which the necessary materials are given to cells and organisms to support life. B.Sc. nutrition and dietetics studies the relationship between the body as well as food. Subjects covered under this degree are chemistry, biochemistry, food science and technology, dairy technology and polymer chemistry etc. The duration of the course is three years, but it depends on the institute rules and regulations. The course is very valuable and career originating in nature that opens a lot of job scopes after its completion.
More Details About BSc Food Nutrition & Dietetics
- Candidates should have passed the higher secondary examination with Chemistry and Botany/Zoology/Biology/Computer Science/Bio-Chemistry.
- HSC passed with Nutrition and Dietetics/Home Science/Childcare Psychology/Nursing/Child Care Nutrition as one of papers only eligible or other examinations accepted as equivalent thereto by the Syndicate, subject to such other conditions as may be prescribed for it.
- Candidates who have alertness of mind, team spirit, tact, compassion also are a good match for it.
- One should have patience, responsibility and dedication towards the work.
- They should have the instinct to help and serve the patient without getting sentimentally attached and have a pleasant smiling face whatever be the situation.
- Those who want to know about the skill sets in nutritional matters and food habits, training in health care units such as hospitals, clinical and community nutrition near of doctors, dieticians and clinicians are the most suitable for it.
- It gives a good basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Other areas where they can be employed are private sector organizations such as leisure cruise companies and private nursing homes.
- They can also become a psychiatric nurse in which they have to work with patients suffering from emotional and psychological distress.
- They can go for a job in private sector clinics and hospitals and they also have self-employment.
- Catering Departments (Star Hotel)
- Food Service Field
- Health and Recreation Club
- Health Care Field
- Health Department (Govt./Pvt.)
- Nursing Care Facility
- Administrative Nutritionist
- Area Business Manager
- Food Show Host
- Medical Representative
- Nutrition Trainer
- Nutritional Sales Executive
- Public Health/Community Dietitian
- Sports Nutritionist
- Therapeutic Dietitian
M.Sc. (Food, Nutrition & Dietetics)