About The Course
B.Tech. Mechatronics Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics Engineering is an undergraduate Mechanical Engineering course. Mechatronics is concerned with the disciplines of mechanics, electronics, controls and computers which, when combined make possible the generation of simpler, more economical, reliable and versatile commercial and industrial products. Mechatronics engineering is an interdisciplinary engineering field which is the combination of computer, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering that serves the purpose of controlling advanced hybrid systems. The syllabus for the course is divided into eight semesters and some electives. The duration of the B.Tech. (Mechatronics Engineering) is four years but it may depend on institute to institute. The course is an important one and job orienting in nature which opens a lot of career scopes for the candidates after having it.
More Details About BTech in Mechatronics Engineering
To be eligible for a course at undergraduate B.Tech. Mechatronics Engineering level in Mechatronics you need to have done 10+2 or equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- They should have numeric skills as mathematics is an important tool and interest in technical as well as mechanical activities.
- Candidates who have sound knowledge of electronics, software design and mechanics, possess good communication, problem solving, decision making skill and creative skills are the most suitable for it.
- They should have interpersonal and team working skills, an inquisitive and logical mind. They need to have excellent technical drawing and computer skills.
- Mechatronics engineering graduates may work in areas of design, research and development, sales, production management, safety, and quality.
- Graduates of this course have wide applications in robotics, nanotechnology, automation, aircraft engineering, oceanography, oil and gas, biomedical systems, transport and computer-aided design.
- Mechatronics engineer design, develop, maintain and manage high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks. So, they have bright scopes for them.
- A Mechatronics engineer designs mechanical devices that incorporate electrical, software and mechanical components.
- Aviation Industry
- Electronics Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Gas and oil Industry
- Mining Industry
- Transport Industry
- Defence Industry
- Robotics Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Assistant Manager
- Project Engineer
- Mechatronics Architect
- Software Engineer
- Trainee Software Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Design and Development Engineer
- Development Engineer
- Marketing Engineer