About The College
Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy
Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy (ABMRCP) a vibrant innovation ecosystem that has a cluster of people both internal and external contributing and sharing knowledge and skills with each other towards drug discovery and development. The proof of this vibrant ecosystem can be seen in research publications and patents generated from ABMRCP, that is getting us counted as the top pharmacy college in Bangalore, ranked No. 1 by NIRF.
The ecosystem is oriented towards drug discovery and development, clinically centric projects, etc. Faculties and researchers from departments such as pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical analysis interlink and integrate their research efforts and contribute to the scientific community. ABMRCP has many startups and Centers of Excellence such as integrated drug discovery centers, cellular and molecular biology, drug and biochemical study centers, drug analysis, nanotechnology and drug development.Unlike other Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore, Our research faculty also trains the recently recruited employees of pharmaceutical industries such as Strides Arcolab, GSK Pharmaceuticals etc. Establishment of a private sector incubation center for research activities including formulation and development is in progress. Being amongst top Pharmacy colleges in Bangalore, India, believe in versatility. Beyond academics, the college also engages students in sports, cultural, NSS, extra-curricular and other activities.
Cell biology and proteomics center provides pharmacological evidence through cell based assays, protein binding and enzyme inhibition studies. In-vivo screening center focuses on cardiovascular, neuropharmacology, metabolic disorders, inflammatory and oncology research using gold standard screening models. The funded and consultancy projects explore the potential application of bioactive, synthetic compounds and herbal extracts for its pharmacokinetic profile and pharmacodynamics properties.
Formulation and development center is involved in the development of conventional formulations, Lyophilised solid dosage forms for Immunotherapy, Acarbose Pellets for treatment of Diabetes. F&D researchers also developed nano based drug delivery system like PLGA based Gefitinib nanoparticles for Lung cancer treatment; Ethosome-Hydrogel Hybrid Technology (EHT) for topical drug delivery application; solid lipid nanoparticles for breast cancer; etc. Herbal formulations are also developed such as Herbal creams of Reishi extract; Tea tree oil for hirsutism; Polyherbal anti-acne gel; In situ gel polymer composite for local and sustained delivery of drugs.
Committed to the cause of value-based education in all disciplines of Pharmacy, Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy envisions itself as a fountainhead of innovative human enterprise, with inspiration initiatives for academic excellence.
“To ensure, planned development of Pharmacy Education consistent with the Policies of the State and Nation. We are committed to provide need based, Quality Pharmaceutical Technical and Professional Human Resources to the Industry, Business and Community”
Infrastructure – Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy
The Acharya infrastructure is designed to suit the needs of each department, from well planned and strategically placed study spaces to congregational areas for students to gather and discuss. Acharya has truly thought through every inch of the campus to add purpose to the Acharyan Experience. Labs, research centres, centres of Excellence all cater to the development of students on subject matters where as auditoriums, amphitheatres, etc. helps in the nurturing creative growth of the students.
The students immensely gain by the best practices put-forth such as:
- Mid-term appraisal by students for initiating mid-course corrective measures for immediate benefit
- Brainstorming sessions with senior faculty to decide policies and review current practices
- Annual Knowledge Conclaves to expose students to practicing Architects through panel discussions, video conferencing, etc.
- Counseling by professional seniors for preparation for career, choice of industry, preparation for facing interview
- Collaboration with industry for research to initiate students into research culture and thus provide them opportunities for developing problem-solving skills
- An internet based integrated e-campus for anytime anywhere info.
Acharya Institutes has a centralised training department dedicated to ensure quality training to boost the employability of the students. The ‘Assess, Develop, Assess, Customise’ (ADAC) strategy of the placement department has ensured that the quality of our students’ employable skills have grown significantly. The same is also reflected via the increase in the highest package offered to them. The training department ensures the holistic development of the student through various domains, soft skills and aptitude training sessions. This has enabled us to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
Acharya Institute of Technology has an exclusive Training Department which takes care of the training needs of all its constituent institutions. In order to make the students industry ready, they need to have skills compatible to the requirements of the industry. Based on the same, some interventions are required. Hence, accordingly the interventions are in the form of imparting Career Oriented skills pertaining to aptitude, communication, analytical reasoning, problem solving along with the basic technical skills relevant to their domain of expertise.
Domain Training Programmes
CATIA, Hypermesh, Ansys
- LabView, PLC & SCADA, Matlab
- Android, Web Programming, C & C++, Java
- Arm & Cortex Processor with app. In Robotics
BIM and CIDC Training
- Grammar , Career Counseling, Cosmic Calculation- I , Letter Writing , Personality Development –I, Voice and Accent, Communication
- Cosmic Calculation- II , Voice & Accent, Basic grammar and Review , E mail Writing & Writing Skills, Personality Development, Communication, Personal Assessment Test
- Assessment Tests, Writing Skills, COSMIC Calculation, Quantitative Aptitude, Puzzles, Reasoning, Group Discussion
- Mock Tests + Solution, Email Writing (Recap), Group Discussion (Level – 2), Resume/CV Preparation, HR & Mock PI, Personality Development, Sessions on Communication
- Communication Skills : Positive Attitude, Group Discussion, Stress Management, Articulation, Skills, IQ & GK, How to make effective presentation, body language and Dress code in presentation, Motivation, Resume Writing, Interview Skills. Aptitude-Quantitative, Logical, Reasoning, Verbal, Ethics, Corporate Culture, KPIs, KRAs
- Branding, Consumer Behaviour and Retailing, Advertising and media Sales Management and Experimental Learning
Financial Management, Portfolio Management
- Broader Aspect of Personal Management, Compensation benefit, Collective Bargaining, Challenges & solutions of Personal Manager, Experimental Learning
Placement in Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy
Acharya successfully placed 100% of its students from the professional programmes and the placement process constantly tuned based on Industry need and feedback.
Our Placement Cell monitors the employment opportunities and arranges campus recruitment process interviews for the final year students and provides internship opportunities for pre-final year students. We start placement process for pre-final semester in the month of June. Students thus prepared for all kind of interviews well in advance. Located on the 3rd floor of the EDU building, the office primarily serve as:
Encompassing every dimension of the Placement Process
- Understanding the dynamically changing needs of the corporate through formal structured interactions
- Detailed Profiling of the students to identify their aspirations, strengths, weaknesses and potentials
- Embarking upon a Full Enablement Format which will address every issue from competency to Career
- Students’ exposure to Corporate expectations by enabling direct contact in every stage
- A 365-Day commitment to the cause that underlines Significance and Preparedness
- Unique single-window ‘Pooled-Placement-Process’ in campus to help large recruiters
- Focused Competency Enhancement of students in both Technical and Softskill areas for ‘Day-One’ Employability