About The College
Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work
Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work was established in the year 1999. It is the second college to start Social Work education under Mangalore University. The college offers Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW).
Dr. M. V. Shetty Memorial Trust is managed by the Founder, Dr. M.Ramgopal Shetty, who is the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Trust. Dr. M.R. Shetty has been closely associated with the academic bodies of Mangalore University and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences since their inception. He was a member of both the Academic Council and Syndicate of Mangalore University for several terms and of the Syndicate of RGUHS and has contributed to the vocationalizing of courses especially in the allied medical field of University education. He founded Dr. M. V. Shetty Memorial Trust and through the Trust he was instrumental in introducing many vocational courses in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Speech and Hearing, Medical Laboratory Technology and Social Work and Education under Mangalore University. Some of these were later transferred to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- To foster an atmosphere of intellectual discipline that facilitates teaching and learning process contributing towards improving the skills and knowledge base of the profession
- To provide an environment for the holistic development of students through academic , co-curricular and outreach programmes .
- To prepare competent social work professionals who can meet the demands of the multicultural diverse population and support individuals capacity to address their own needs
MSW being a professional course, the curriculum consists of theory classes, filed work/ practical training, rural camps, study tours, seminars, dissertation, block placement/ Internship etc.
The duration of the course is of Two Years (Four Semesters).
The eligibility for admission to the first semester (First Year) of the MSW degree programme is open to all candidates, who have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, BBM, Law, HRD or any other Course conducted by the Mangalore University or its equivalent there to approved by Mangalore University with a minimum of 45% marks in optionals and 40% marks in the case of SC/ST candidates.
Documents required for Admission
Following Original Certificates should be submitted at the time of Admission with one set of attested copy.
- S.S.L.C. (10th)
- Marks cards of the qualifying exam
- Transfer certificate issued by the college
- Character/conduct certificate issued by the College/School last studied
- Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Migration certificate issued by the University for students other than Mangalore University
- Eligibility certificate from mangalore Uinversity for students who have completed their qualifying examinations outside Karnataka
- Physical fitness certificate issued by the Government Medical Officer
- Pass port size photograph
- For students from Nepal: Nepalese citizenship certificate and date of birth in Indian Almanac (A.D.)
- For students from other country: Pass port and student visa and date of birth in Indian Almanac.