BSc Renal Dialysis Technology
About The Course
B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology or Bachelor of Science in Renal Dialysis Technology is an undergraduate Bioscience course. The program is designed to prepare students to administer hemodialysis treatments to patients with renal failure under the supervision of a nurse or physician. This program frequently includes in depth instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, dialysis preparation, dialysis prescription interpretation, extracorporeal circuit and dialyzer set-up and maintenance, patient preparation, equipment monitoring, venipuncture and local anaesthesia administration, taking vital signs, documentation and communication, safety and sanitation, emergency intervention, and professional standards and ethics. Subjects usually studied under this degree are Cardiac Care Technology, Respiratory Care Technology, Dialysis Technology, Imaging Sciences Technology, Clinical Medical Lab. Technology etc.
More Details About BSc Renal Dialysis Technology
- Students should have passed 10+2 (Medical) or equivalent with minimum 55% marks from a recognized school board.
- Some of the reputed colleges and universities conduct entrance examination for admission.
- Applicants willing to have specific technical knowledge and skills and an understanding of principles and concepts related to chronic kidney disease and the dialysis process also can go for it.
- B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology is suitable for those who want to know about medical devices and equipment involved in renal replacement therapies, such as reprocessing and water treatment equipment.
- They should also be used to of patient care and equipment operation, maintenance, and repair, dialysis technologists’ act to ensure regulatory compliance.
- After passing the B.Sc. Renal Dialysis Technology, they can have jobs regarding ensuring the proper functioning of dialysis machines; in some settings, they perform routine equipment maintenance and repairs.
- It is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. etc. as students obtain a good base for higher studies at this stage.
- The course provides knowledge pertaining to patient education, instructing patients and families about in-home dialysis treatment and reinforcing the importance of adherence to prescribed treatment.
- They can also work in hospitals, outpatient clinics, or freestanding dialysis centers.
- Clinics & Healthcare Setups
- Colleges & Universities
- Hospitals (govt./pvt.)
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Clinical Coordinator
- Dialysis Technician
- Dialysis Therapist
- Lab Technician/Medical Technician
- Teacher & Lecturer