About The Course
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology or Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology is an undergraduate Chemical Engineering course. The Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology equips students to communicate effectively through verbal and written methods about technical issues, science, and technology. Students are able to apply science and concepts to the studies of CVT and are able to use computers to underpin relevant computer-assisted technologies. Students will also apply science and technology-related mathematical concepts effectively. To complete the program, students will aim to pass the comprehensive national certification examination in CVT related to their career area of interest. Cardiovascular technologists and technicians assist physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) ailments. Cardiovascular technologists may specialize in any of three areas of practice: invasive cardiology, echocardiography, and vascular technology. The duration of the course is four years.
More Details About BSc Cardiovascular Technology
Students should have Passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam with science subjects from a recognised school board.
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology is suitable for those who have good communication, interpersonal skills and humane in nature.
- Those who want to contribute in the field of Cardiovascular and its related areas. Candidates can handle patients amicably can become a part of teamwork and does work late at night can go for it.
- Candidates can work as part of a multi-disciplinary team working with assistant and associate practitioners, doctors, nurses and other allied health professionals. This may involve patient interaction in the outpatient, ward based (including high dependency units and intensive care), accident & emergency and theatre settings.
- They can go for the higher degree programmes and then for NET exam and other qualifying exams for becoming teacher and lecturer.
- Colleges & Universities
- Govt./Pvt. Hospitals & Clinics
- Healthcare Offices
- Mentally Disabled Centres
- Nursing Care Homes
- Rehabilitations Centres
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Cardiographic Technician
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Medical Sonographer
- Vascular Specialist