PC.B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an undergraduate Nursing course. It is also termed as P.C.B.Sc. (Nursing) which is an acronym of the course, similarly some institutes have acronyms such as P.C.B.Sc. (Nsg) and B.Sc. (N) in their brochures for the same course. Nursing is a healthcare profession related to the care of individuals, families, and communities; so, they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi is providing in two years. The minimum time to complete the course is also differentiating from institute to institute. The course may also be available on a part-time basis in some certain institutes.
- Students must have been passed the Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Intermediate/10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized School Board. Those who have completed10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Those who have a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council also are eligible for it.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas such as O.T. Techniques, Ophthalmic Nursing, Leprosy Nursing, TB Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Cancer Nursing and Orthopedic Nursing.
- They will be medically fit and admitted once in a year
- One should be a hard worker as the job demands it; they must work for many hours in standing position and by moving here and there.
- Students those who want to have B.Sc. in Nursing and have flexibility, adaptability, organisation and time management, leadership, determination and the ability to conduct research are most suitable for this course.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level aiming to become teacher/lecturer also are a good-suit for it.
- The course gives a good base to the students for a higher degree program in respective subjects those who want to become teacher/lecturer and willing for further research work.
- They can also go for Public Health Nursing and Community Health Nursing.
- This degree course enables the students to go for various nursing, midwifery and clinics and health departments, orphanages and old age homes, military, schools, industrial houses and factories its related other medical jobs.
- Content Writing (Medical)
- Govt. Hospitals
- Medical Colleges & Universities
- Medical Writing
- Military Services
- Nursing Homes
- Private Clinics
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Associate Dean
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Instructor
- Practical Nursing Instructor
- M.Sc. (Nursing)
- M.Phil. (Nursing)
- Ph.D. (Nursing)