M.Sc. Psychology or Master of Science in Psychology is a postgraduate Psychology course. Psychology is a science of behaviour and mental processes. Its immediate goal is to understand individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases. The duration of M.Sc. in Psychology is mostly of two academic years but it may vary from institute to institute. The syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters and it is an important and career orienting in nature that opens a lot of jobs for the students after its successful completion.
Candidates who have passed the B.A./B.Sc. Degree Examination with Psychology as the Main Subject of study or any other Universities recognised by UGC/AIU are eligible for it.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions are good match for it.
- They should have the skills such as communication, information technology, handling of data/statistics, problem-solving and the ability to work in teams.
- Students also should have the qualities such as human behaviour and motivation, ability to critically analyse a problem, formulate a considered response, create an argument and generate new ideas, lend themselves well to careers in the creative industries, the legal sector, government administration and education.
- Those who want to become teacher and lecturer at schools and colleges level also are suitable for it. They only can become lecturer after passing UGC-NET exam.
- The Master degree course gives good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. for further research studies.
- They can join schools both on private and regular basis; for regular one they should pass certain degrees/qualifications such as B.Ed., NET etc.
- They can go for social care jobs as well; here they work for the meet the needs of those coping with problems such as poverty, life crisis, and emotional ill health.
- The other wide place for jobs is health sector both primary and secondary which plays great role in the health sector.
- Commercial and Industrial Companies
- Financial Organisations
- Marketing Companies
- HR Departments
- Govt. Social Services
- Police Forces
- School, Colleges & Universities
- Urban Planning Officer
- Staff Recruiter
- Social Psychologist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Counselling Psychologist
- Child Support Specialist, Social Worker
- Special Education Teacher
- Career Counsellor & Career Employment Specialist
- Psychology Consultant
- Educational Psychologist
- Teacher/Private Tutor
- Research Specialist