M.Sc. Physiology or Master of Science in Physiology is postgraduate Physiology course. Physiology is the science of the functioning of living system. Physiology is a sub category of biology. In this course, scientific method is applied to determine how organism, organ system, organ, cell and bimolecular function carry out the chemical or physical function that they have in a living system. Environmental Physiology, Autonomic Physiology and Pulmonary Physiology are covered during the course as well. The syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters and the duration of the course is two years.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.Sc. (Physiology) degree is qualifying MBBS/BDS/B.P.T./B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences/Emergency and Trauma Care Technology/Zoology/Nutrition/and other para medical Courses/Bachelor of Siddha Medical Sciences (BSMS)/Bachelor of Unani Medical Sciences (BUMS)/Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medical Sciences (BAMS)/Bachelor of Homeopathy Medical Sciences (BHMS) awarded by any recognized University.
- Those who have basic knowledge, skill and behavioural attitudes to students of medical and paramedical courses are good suit for it.
- They should have analytical and problem-solving skills such as thinking your way around problems, developing hypotheses and designing experiments to address questions being asked.
- They should be able to use judgment, decision-making and questioning skills, the ability to identify, select, organize and communicate information and data.
- Other essential skills are computing and statistics, numeracy and attention to detail; process operation and professional expertise; planning, organization and time management.
- The course is beneficial to know more about the body functions related to the area of expertise. Typically, a physiologist helps diagnose and treat specific ailments or injuries to assist the patient to regain physical independence.
- The Master degree course serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. for research work.
- They can go for jobs in research centres and academic institutions; pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- They can have careers in the biomedical industry and in research laboratories.
- Government Hospitals
- Rehab Centres
- Research Labs
- Medicals Schools or Universities
- Medical Content Writings
- Junior Research Fellow
- Technical Assistant
- Lecturers Reader
- Personal Trainer
- Fitness Instructor
- Sports Psychologist
- Sports and Fitness Nutritionist
- Nursing Tutor
- Assistant Professor
- Lab Assistant