M.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology or Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology is a postgraduate Medical Lab Technologist course. Medical imaging is a rapidly growing discipline within the healthcare sector, involving clinicians, physicists, computer scientists and those in the IT sector. This is fuelled by the rapid development of 3D medical imaging systems over the last few decades, matched by an exponential rise in computing power. This has allowed the development of new methods for the acquisition, reconstruction, processing and display of digital medical image data with unprecedented speed, resolution and contrast: a trend which can only continue. The program provides a Masters-level postgraduate education in the knowledge, skills and understanding of engineering design of advanced medical and biotechnology products and systems. Students will also acquire a working knowledge of the clinical environment to influences their design philosophy. The M.Sc. Medical Imaging is aimed at training graduates for careers in this exciting multidisciplinary area and provides a judicious mix of theoretical and applied topics. The course is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs after its completion.
- Candidates should have a B.Sc. degree or any equivalent degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognised university.
- Some of the very reputed universities and colleges conduct an entrance examination for admission
- Candidates should possess skills like learning strategies, critical thinking skills, instructional skills, active listening, active learning, reading comprehension, and written/oral expression.
- They should be able to explain procedures to patients and address any concerns they have about radiation processes.
- They should be able to receive and interpret requests from medical practitioners for X-ray examinations to be performed on patients.
- They should be a good hard worker, can work with team spirit and could be able to handle complex problems
- The course is beneficial to provide core training in electrical, microwave, magnetic, acoustic and optical techniques relevant to the life sciences interface and provide a broad experience of analytical and imaging techniques relevant for biology, biomolecular and clinical sciences.
- The course is suitable to enhance a student's analytical and critical abilities, competence in multi-disciplinary research & development.
- The course is helpful to provide broad practical training in biology and biomolecular sciences enough for students to understand the biomedical nomenclature and to have an appreciation of the relevance and potential clinical impact of the research projects on offer.
- Content Writing (medical)
- Govt./Pvt. Hospitals
- Medical Labs
- Military Services
- Research & Medical Colleges/Universities
- Consultant Medical Research Specialist
- Dialysis Technician & Therapist
- Lecturer & Professor
- Medical Imaging Technologist
- Medical Physicist
- MRI Technologist