M.Sc. Applied Zoology or Master of Science in Applied Zoology is a postgraduate Zoology course. It is a branch of biology that deals with animals and animal life, including the study of the structure, physiology, development, and classification of animals. This program focuses to deliver skilled professional animal scientists well equipped to tackle problems related to sustainable livestock development and to the management of companion animals, wild animals and zoo animals. This specialization is meant for students with a strong interest in areas such as the relationship between structure and function of organ systems in animals or the endocrine control of physiological processes. Students have the opportunity to major in fields such as experimental zoology, cell biology, and immunology, or human and animal physiology.
- B.Sc. with Zoology as optional/major/special subject at the undergraduate level; and should obtain not less than 45% marks in the cognate subject.
- In reputed universities and institutes, there is an entrance examination for admission to the degree courses.
- Candidate should have analytical skills such as understanding, interpreting and manipulating complex scientific data and statistics.
- They should have data-handling skills such as to record, collate and analyze data using appropriate techniques and equipment.
- They should have good study habits, an interest in animals and patience and perseverance.
- Candidates should have the ability to conduct detailed work accurately and methodically.
- They also possess the ability to plan research, analyze and interpret data, and write reports.
- Candidates after completing the course can enter into any field of biological and biomedical research. They can become researchers, teachers and can be trained in any fields of biology within a short duration.
- They have also job scopes in the media or the environmental and ecosystem management sector.
- They have also scopes of a career in environmental consulting firms in the private sector.
- Candidates find work primarily in the business sector, such as in the feed and pharmaceutical (veterinary medicines) industries.
- There are many research jobs at universities and research institutions.
- Colleges and Universities
- Zoological Parks
- Wildlife Sanctuaries
- National Parks
- Assistant Professor - Zoology
- Expert Faculty - Zoology
- Medical Representative
- Trainee - Medical Coder
- M.Phil. (Zoology)
- Ph.D. (Zoology)