M.Sc. Anatomy or Master of Science in Anatomy is a postgraduate Anatomy course. Anatomy is a branch of biology and medicine that is the consideration of the structure of living things. It is a general term that includes human anatomy, animal anatomy (zootomy), and plant anatomy (Phytotomy). In some of its facets, it is closely related to embryology, comparative anatomy and comparative embryology, through common roots in evolution. Master of Science in Anatomy provides a solid foundation in human anatomy as a basis for teaching as well as basic and applied research. The Course gives the opportunity to learn the anatomy of the human body by dissection, a comprehensive knowledge of normal anatomy, safely handle the body from its arrival to its final disposal, effective teaching, and assessment methods in anatomy.
- Candidates should have passed an M.B.B.S. Degree or equivalent examination from a recognised university board.
- Some of the reputed colleges and universities conduct an entrance examination for admission.
- Candidates desirous of becoming teacher and lecturer also can go for it.
- The course helps those who have decided on a career in the health professions and want to improve their academic background before applying to professional schools such as medicine or dentistry.
- It is suitable for those candidates who are willing of knowledge regarding life science and related disciplines, anatomy and/or who wish to pursue a career in the anatomical sciences.
- Those who want to fulfill a professional need to teach human anatomy structure and function also can go for it.
- The program fulfills the requirements of a higher degree by ensuring that the students possess autonomy early in their studies to maximize their interests and develop new skills.
- Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as Ph.D. and M.Phil.
- Candidate can become a teacher in schools and lecturer in colleges after certain degrees like B.Ed. and UGC-NET.
- The degree course offers a strong systematic base foundation for future training students in a health-related profession.
- They could start of a career in various health care fields, such as optometry, chiropractic, and medicine etc.
- Post-graduate students in the field of anatomy and physiology can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges.
- Applied Arts & Science Institutions
- Biomedical Research Laboratories (Colleges/Universities)
- Defense Services
- Government Research Institutes
- Industrial Biotechnology Companies
- Private Clinics
- Associate Professor Anatomy
- Health Industry
- Medical Scientist
- Research Assistant
- Sr. Medical Coder