M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry or Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry is a postgraduate Chemistry course. Analytical chemistry is the study of the separation, identification, and quantification of the chemical components of natural and artificial materials. Qualitative analysis gives an indication of the identity of the chemical species in the sample and quantitative analysis determines the amount of one or more of these components. The duration of Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry is mostly of two academic years but it may vary from institute to institute and also may be on a part-time basis by certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters and it is career orienting in nature that opens many job scopes for the candidates after its successful completion.
- The candidates should have completed B.Sc. with Physics and Chemistry, etc. under any registered or recognized University with a minimum of 50% in Science stream.
- The marks of admission for this course may vary from institutes to institute and in various colleges and Universities, they conduct their own entrance exams (plus interview) for the admission of the students.
- Applicants must have time management and organization such as planning and executing experiments, undertaking individual and team project work and completing your dissertation.
- They should be analytical and problem-solving such as examining and interpreting results and making evaluations based on limited information.
- They should have written and oral communication, monitoring, teamwork and IT and technology.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions.
- After passing the course, analytical chemists can also develop skills and gain professional recognition by achieving chartered status as a Chartered Chemist.
- The degree course provides a good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects, e.g. M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- They can also become teacher and lecturer in the schools and colleges (after passing the NET exam) respectively.
- They can go for jobs in the food and drink industry; utilities and energy research; health and medical organizations; scientific research organizations and agencies.
- Analytical Chemist
- Analytical Chemistry Manager
- Analytical Chemistry Research Associate
- Analytical Chemistry Tutor/Teacher
- Group Leader - Analytical Chemistry (MFG Science & Technology)
- Manager - Analytical Chemistry Lab
- R&D Scientist - Analytical Chemistry (Chemicals/Gas Petrochem)
- Senior Process Analytical Scientist
M.Phil. (Analytical Chemistry)