Master in Hospital Administration is a postgraduate Hospital and Healthcare Management course. Master in Hospital Administration covers one of the main subjects Hospital Administration. It is the field relating to leadership, management, and administration of hospitals, hospital networks, and healthcare systems. Healthcare administrators are considered health care professionals. The duration of Master in Hospital Administration is mostly of two academic years, but it may vary from institute to institute and may be on a part-time basis by certain institutes. Master in Hospital Administration course is career orienting in nature that opens many career opportunities in various fields after its completion.
Aspiring candidates should have completed a B.Sc. degree with Physics and Chemistry, Biology, etc. under any registered or recognized University in Science stream.
- Course is suitable for those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions.
- They should also possess written communication skills, negotiation and teamwork skills, leadership and delegation skills, gained through group work.
- They should have analytical, critical and problem-solving skills, which are developed through researching, evaluating and presenting arguments and data.
- They should have quick decision-making capability based on up-to-date management principles and techniques; analytical and logical reasoning skill, patience, excellent verbal and written communication skills to maintain functional relationships with the hospital staff, physicians and the community.
- Candidates also have a smaller, medical or health care centre, they need to handle day-to-day administrative work, which may involve billing, maintenance, equipment supply etc. and work closely with doctors, in group practice and decision-making.
- The Master’s degree course provides good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- They can become teacher and lecturer in the schools and colleges respectively both on private and regular basis.
- They have also the scope of joining hotel and tourism department.
- Emergency Medicine Units
- Healthcare Sector
- e-Health Ventures
- Hospital Information Systems
- Lifestyle Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Administration Executive
- Chief Clinical Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Clinical Administration Coordinator
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Hospital Administration Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education Specialist
- Organ Transplant Program Manager
- Patient Administration Specialist
- Quality Management Executive