Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery is an undergraduate Nursing course. Nursing and Midwifery focuses on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The time period of General Nursing and Midwifery is three academic year, but it varies from institute to institute. The S.R.M. University is providing in three and half years including six months internship. The minimum time to complete the course is also differentiating from institute to institute. The course may also be available on a part-time basis in some certain institutes. The diploma course is an important and job orienting in nature.
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or its equivalent exam; any group aggregate of 40% marks. Further 5% relaxation is permitted to SC/ST students for GNM Programme.
- The marks of admission for this course may vary from institute to institute. In various colleges, it conducts entrance exams plus interview and percentage of 12th class for the admission of students.
- They should have patience, responsibility and dedication and hard-working nature.
- Candidates who possess alertness of mind, team spirit, tact, compassion etc. also are a good suit for it.
- They should be physically fit; in peak health for the job involves a lot of hard work and long hour hours standing.
- Applicants willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level aiming to become teacher/lecturer at college and university level both in private and government institutions also are capable of it.
- This degree course enables the students to go for various nursing, midwifery and its related other medical jobs.
- One can go for higher degree program in respective subjects for further studies.
- They can run their own clinics and can have jobs in private hospitals.
- Anganwadi Programme
- Forensic Jobs
- Hospitality Jobs
- Material Purchase Logistics Jobs
- Teaching and Education
- Travel and Tourism Nursing Jobs
- TV & News
- Brand Representative & Hyper
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Emergency Room Nurse & Midwife Nurse
- Forensic Nursing
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Madam, In-charge & Helper
- Receptionist & Entry Operator
- Sale-purchase Assistant
- Teacher & Junior Lecturer
- Travelling Nurse