Diploma in Operation Theatre Techniques is a twelfth Diploma level Operations Management course. This course prepares candidates for working in the operation theatre as a competent reliable technologist among the other members of a health care team, under the guidance and supervision of senior doctors and Technical persons in their delivery of patient care by learning the usage of various diagnostic equipment such as Ventilators, Defibrillators, monitors, C-arm etc. and patient assessment skills. Training also focuses on the knowledge and skills of monitoring infection control policy and procedures in the operation theatre.
Candidates should have passed 10+2 (Any group) with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised school board.
- The course will provide you with the technical and interpersonal skills required to work under the supervision of nursing, anaesthetists and surgical personnel.
- They should be a hard worker and can stand for hours in labs.
- They should be up to date about innovations in the field of Operation Theatre Techniques.
- The course provides complete care to the surgical patient pre and postoperatively in the theatre and to assist the anaesthetist, surgeon or the nurse in various procedures and helps to sterilize and disinfect the OT rooms following NABH protocols.
- After passing the course they can go for further higher degrees for enhancing their educational qualification and job promotions.
- Colleges & Universities
- Doctor’s Office or Clinics
- Emergency Centres
- Government Hospitals
- Pharma Companies
- Private Laboratory
- Anaesthetist Consultant
- Consultant/Associate Consultant
- Lab Technician
- OT Assistant
- OT Technician
- Teacher & Lecturer