B.Sc. Statistics or Bachelor of Science in Statistics is an undergraduate Statistics course. Statistics is the study of the collection, organization, and interpretation of data. It deals with all aspects of this, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments. There is also a discipline called mathematical statistics, which is concerned with the theoretical basis of the subject. The duration of the course is three years and is an important career orienting in nature that opens many scopes for them. There are many colleges which are offering the course on their campuses in the country.
Aspiring students should have passed 10+2 in science stream with mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognized school board.
- Applicants should have good verbal and writing skills. Besides they should also have intellectual creativity, patience & persistence, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, logic, and ability to take decisions independently.
- They should have good reasoning ability, persistence and the ability to apply principles to new types of problems.
- They also have good programming and documentation skills.
- They should have a mathematical aptitude and be able to reason logically and have a curious and disciplined mind.
- Studies of the environment and demography important to government require data on everything ranging from the location of plants and animals, on the spread of pollution and its sources, and on the possible effects on human activities.
- They can also work with the government departments which conduct experiments on consumer prices, fluctuations in the economy, employment patterns, population trends etc. and aid in the development of public policy and legislation.
- They can go for Master’s degree after it.
- They can also join both private and government job in banking sector.
- Colleges & Universities
- Stock Exchanges
- Baking Sector
- Transportation Sector
- Government Jobs (state/central)
- Market Research Analyst
- Subject Matter Expert
- Assistant Professor
- Content Writer
- Statistics Trainer
- Analysis/Statistics Manager
- Online Statistics Tutor
- Statistics Consultant
- Actuary Manager
- Human Resource Assistant Manager
- Research and marketing Asst. Manager
- Credit Risk Strategist
- M.Sc. (Statistics)
- M.Phil. (Statistics)
- Ph.D. (Statistics)