B.Sc. Perfusion Technology or Bachelor of Science in Perfusion Technology is an undergraduate Bioscience course. Perfusion is defined as those functions necessary for the support, treatment, measurement, or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of the patient. The course involves the study of physiology, pathology and associated equipment used to support and or assume the function of the heart and or lungs during medical procedures. The perfusion technologist prepares and operates the heart-lung machine and other sophisticated equipment as directed by healthcare physicians. The Perfusionist utilizes technology such as heart/ lung machines, ventricular assist devices and artificial hearts, as well as pharmacological interventions to maintain the patient during the period of circulatory support.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 (Medical) or equivalent with minimum 55% marks.
- Some of the very reputed institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology is suitable for those who want to know skills regarding operate extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or replace the patient’s cardiopulmonary/circulatory function and ensure the proper management of physiologic functions by monitoring the necessary variables.
- They should possess good interpersonal and communication skills, human nature and hard worker as they need to work with different types of people.
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology is beneficial to provide graduates with the foundation they need to assume leadership roles in clinical practice and clinical speciality areas.
- Candidates will be able to competently assist the Anaesthetists & Surgeons, especially in high tech Anaesthesia and Surgical Theatres.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. etc.
- Academic Institutes
- Multi-Speciality Hospitals
- Pvt. Clinics
- SCTIMST - Thiruvananthapuram
- Try Luck Consultancy Zirakpur - Chandigarh
- Cardiac Perfusionist
- Medical Case Review Physician
- Pediatric Cardiologist
- Teacher & Lecturer