B.Sc. Food Technology or Bachelor of Science in Food Technology is an undergraduate Food Technology course. Food Technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe, nutritious, and wholesome food. It is the study of applying food science to selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of nutritious and safe food. Subjects typically studied under this course are packaging technology, food microbiology, food chemistry and dairy technology. Food technologists study the physical, microbiological, and chemical makeup of food. Depending on their area of specialization, Food Technologists may develop ways to process, preserve, package, or store food, according to industry and government specifications and regulations. The course is career originating in nature and opens many job scopes after its completion.
- Aspiring candidates should have passed 10+2 with 50% or equivalent CGPA from the recognised school board.
- Some of the very reputed universities and colleges conduct an entrance examination for admission.
- It was suitable to develop novel, healthy and functional food products that meet consumer demands and comply with government and industry’s strict safety and health guidelines.
- Candidates who have good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to interpret data critically, are the most suitable one for it.
- Those have the habit of practical work which helps your communication and team-working skills, sharpening your attention to detail and ability to accurately record results also are a good match for the course.
- They should have good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- It is beneficial to provide professionals with knowledge of the development, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and usage of safe, nutritive and healthy foods.
- The course provides depth knowledge and practical skills to students regarding food preparation, entrepreneurship and food manufacturing and baking industries.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Sc., M.E./M.Tech., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Self-employment opportunities also exist in the form of dynamic delivery networks for those who want to work on their own.
- Nestle India
- Marketing or Quality Assurance Companies
- Production Management Units
- Process and Product Development
- Logistics Departments
- Research and Development Centres
- Colleges & Universities
- Food Microbiologist
- Food Standards Officer
- Food Technologist
- Food Scientist
- Process Engineer
- Project Manager
- Research Technician
- M.Sc. (Food Technology)
- Ph.D. (Food Technology)