B.Sc. Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is an undergraduate Chemistry course. Chemistry deals with the science of matter and the changes it undergoes. The science of matter is also addressed by physics, but while physics takes a more general and fundamental approach, chemistry is more specialized, being concerned with the composition, behaviour, structure, and properties of matter, as well as the changes it undergoes during chemical reactions. B.Sc. (Chemistry) is a physical science course which studies various substances, atoms, molecules, crystals and other aggregates of matter whether in isolation or combination and which incorporates the concepts of energy and entropy in relation to the spontaneity of chemical processes. B.Sc. in Chemistry is of three years duration course having six semesters.
Students should have minimum eligibility which is an intermediate (10+2) in science.
- Those having the capacity of problem-solving, examining, interpreting results and making evaluations based on limited information are the good suit for this.
- Candidates those have written and oral communication, sharing your research findings via written reports and oral presentations to different audiences, assimilating scientific theories and arguments for discussion and debate are a good matches for it.
- They should also have monitoring skills like systematically recording chemical properties, events and changes and teamwork.
- Those who want to become teacher and lecturer after passing it also are suitable.
- Candidates have many career opportunities in scientific research-related places. Other popular areas of work included other technical occupations, business and finance, commercial, industrial and public sector management and education.
- Second, other areas are the scientific, technical and numerical-based roles for chemistry graduates, a small proportion chose to enter very different areas, including marketing, sales and advertising; arts, design and sport; and social and welfare professions.
- On completion of the B.Sc. chemistry course, candidates can go for Master of Science in chemistry or they can also go for B.Tech. or B.E. chemical engineering.
- Candidates with interest in the teaching profession can do a Bachelor of Education course with specialization in chemistry. Even candidates can go for the Post Graduate Diploma course in Analytical Chemistry. This course is offered by IGNOU with a view to enhancing the skills of chemists employed in national laboratories and research and development organizations.
- B.Sc. chemistry graduates can find a wide range of employment opportunities in research and development organizations, pharmaceutical industry, etc.
- They can also take up teaching as a profession and if they complete B. Ed with specialization in chemistry, they can find placement in higher secondary schools as chemistry teachers.
- Colleges & Universities
- Pharma Companies
- Pharmacist Shops
- Private Clinics
- Military Hospitals
- Chemistry Online Tutor
- Professor/Assist. Professor
- Content Developer (Chemistry)
- Scientific Data Entry Specialist
- Principal Scientific Officer
- Synthetic Chemist
- Patent Associate
- Research Assistant/Associate and Lab Leader
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Phil. (Chemistry)
- Ph.D. (Chemistry)