B.Sc. Animation is a 3- year undergraduate course offered at just a few institutes/universities in India for specialization in the field of animation. The process of admission to the course varies across institutes. In simple terms, an animation is the creation of an illusion of motion and change by rapidly displaying a set of static images that minimally differ from each other. The course imparts to eligible candidates the technical skills needed for a career in animation, with a strong foundation in core principles of art and design. The program is designed for candidates who want to explore new skills in communication through animation and are interested in exploring the creative potential of the interchange between words and images in traditional and innovative media. Graduated candidates are offered employment in various sectors of animation and multimedia across the country, in capacities such as Web Designers, Game Designers and 3D Animators in web design, films, game design, television, and other forms of the interactive media industry. Studios such as Dreamworks, Technicolor, Xentrix Studio and Tata Elxsi Studio are some major employers in the field.
Candidates wishing to apply for the course need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- 10+2 or equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Preferably Science or Arts as the stream of study at the 10+2 level.
- The course is suitable for those who have skills like drawing, storytelling, good sense of timing and composition and an understanding of motion, size, ratios and perspective.
- They should be skilled in manipulating images and information from a variety of sources including audio, video, still images, animation, physical objects, text, soundtracks and digital data using computer applications and related visual and sound techniques.
- Candidates learn the basics of designing like sketching, drawing, model sketching, etc.
- The course helps to enable students to update their Knowledge about the rapid growth of various technologies.
- The course gives an opportunity for the students to develop the basic skills in design, animation, multimedia, interactive applications and publications along with communicative skills in English. The course is beneficial for further studies as well.
- Colleges & Universities
- Content Writing (animation)
- Gaming Industry
- News & Magazines
- Art Director
- BG Modeller
- Character Modeller
- Comic Book Artist
- Concept Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Layout Artist
- Medical Animator
- Storyboard Artist
- Technical Director
- Texturing Artist
- VFX Supervisor
- Master in Animation and Special Effects
- Post Graduate Diploma in Animation Technology (PGDAT)