B.H.A. or Bachelor in Hospital Administration is an undergraduate Hospital and Health Care Management course. Hospital Administration is a field relating to leadership, management and administration of hospitals, hospital networks and healthcare systems. Hospital Administration (BHA) is a new concept in management stream. The course provides students with sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the administrative operations of clinical and support service departments. The Candidate of Bachelor of Hospital Administration (BHA) is involved in the overall coordination of activities of the hospital. The duration of the course is three years and it opens a lot of job opportunities after its completion.
- 10+2 or any other equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks.
- Some of the reputed universities and colleges conduct entrance examination for admission.
- The course is suitable for those candidates should have negotiation and teamwork skills, developed through working both independently and on group projects; leadership and delegation skills, gained through group work.
- They should have analytical, critical and problem-solving skills, developed through researching, evaluating and presenting arguments and data.
- They should also handle people and pressure, ability to handle deadlines, excellent leadership skills.
- The course helps to find opportunities with public health departments, nursing homes, etc apart from hospitals. By gaining experience in the role of hospital manager, one can move into the role of a chief executive officer or head of the department of the organizations.
- They can also go for tourism in foreign countries which covers provision for tourists. Employers include tourist boards, tour operators and travel agents, tourist information centers and any business associated with a tourist attraction.
- They can go for further Master’s Degree and then for research work.
- Nursing Homes
- International and National Healthcare Organizations
- Health Insurance Companies
- Medical Software Companies
- Healthcare Portal
- Public Health Department
- Rehabilitation Centre
- Mental Health Facilities
- Hospital Consulting Firms
- Pharmaceuticals and Hospital Supply Firms
- Hospital Administrator
- Sales Manager - Hospital Management
- Associate Professor - Hospital Management Healthcare
- Floor Manager - Hospital
- Centre Manager
- Administrative Officer
- Facility Manager - Healthcare/Hospital
- Teacher or Instructor - College and Universities
Master in Hospital Administration