B.A. Psychology or Bachelor of Arts in Psychology is an undergraduate Psychological course. Psychological is the scientific study of mental functions and behaviour. In a more vivid way B.A. (Psychology) course involves study of mind processes, motives, reactions, feelings, conflict resolution, crisis management, groupthink, motivation and nature of the mind. The duration of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology is three years and the curriculum comprising three parts plus some modules.
Aspiring students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board of the country.
- Those who have good communication skills, patience, ability to work with all kinds of social/cultural and age groups are most appropriate for it.
- Candidates having genuine interest in people, their behaviour and have empathy for their problems and the ability to understand people of different backgrounds and upbringing also can go for this course.
- They should also have a genuine interest in people, their behaviour and have empathy for their problems.
- B.A. (Psychology) degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.A, Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Psychology, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- The greatest scope after doing B.A in Psychology is that it not only makes you eligible but also gives you a better chance to qualify the Indian Civil Services exams.
- Law schools are a very common destination now-a-days for recent graduates in Psychology.
- Applicants can also take up the job of teacher/instructor in several universities and colleges after attaining higher qualifications.
- Community Mental Health Centres
- Advertising Industry
- Child/Youth Guidance Centres
- Vocational Rehabilitation Offices
- Correctional Programs
- Research Centres
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Welfare Organizations
- Research Establishments
- Career Employment Specialist
- Developmental Psychologist
- Career Counsellor
- Day-care Centre Supervisor
- Child Support Specialist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Community Relations Officer
- Health Educator
- Social Worker
- Industrial-Organization Psychologist
- Counselling Psychologist
- Psychiatric Assistant
- Social Psychologist
- M.A. (Psychology)
- M.Phil. (Psychology)
- Ph.D. (Psychology)