B.A. Physical Education or Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education is an undergraduate Physical Education course. The program comprises a combination of study of all areas of science relating to physical knowledge and skills and the application of these skills and their results. In other words, B.A. (Physical Education) is a degree that builds a strong foundation in physical education and covers all the principles of physical fitness as well as basic anatomy. It is the study of physical fitness, which includes recreational exercise, sports and health. After passing the course candidates have good career options in various fields along with further higher studies.
Aspiring students should have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board of the country.
- Candidate should be able to motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Students should also understand the movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- They must be able to maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness thoroughly.
- They should also consider physical activity as for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
- The Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.A, Ph.D. and M Phil degree in Physical Education, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- The Course gives a student an edge over others to lead and motivate people towards achieving physical fitness and overcoming health related problems.
- They can also take up the job of teacher/instructor in several universities and colleges after attaining higher qualifications.
- Colleges & Universities
- Sport Complexes
- Therapy Centres
- Physical Education Teacher
- Athletic Trainer
- Sport’s Coach
- Nutrition Specialist
- Personal Trainer
- Recreation Centre Director
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Physical Therapist
- School Gym Teacher
- M.Phil. (Physical Education)
- Ph.D. (Physical Education)