B.A. Journalism or Bachelor of Arts in Journalism is an undergraduate journalism course. Journalism course covers the study of ways and methods to collect as well as distribute the news and create general awareness among the common public through the print as well as electronic media. Journalism is generally divided into two media categories – the Print and the Electronic media. Print media journalism consists of newspapers, journals, magazines, digests and news agencies. Electronic media journalism consists of television, radio and the internet. The bachelor’s degree course in journalism generally involves teaching and training regarding reporting, writing, editing, photographing etc. The main purpose of this course is to teach students as of how to inform, enlighten and educate people.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing B.A. (Journalism) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board of the country.
- Candidates those who have the ability to speak clearly, ability to write in a style, concise, objective and accurate material which is easy to understand, capable of evaluating the “newsworthiness” of stories or information are the most suitable for it.
- Second, who are interested in people, places and events, have excellent listening and observational skills, good general knowledge, strong capacity for conducting independent research and good spelling, grammar and punctuation also are good match for it.
- Third, who can shoot, edit and tell stories using video, basic ability to create interactive story elements using adobe flash, ability edit audio and produce podcasts, ability to file from the field breaking news and ability to moderate online discussion also are good match for this graduate Journalism course.
- The B.A. (Journalism) degree study opens possibilities in related fields such as advertising and public relations.
- The importance of the media is growing day-by-day and today a journalist covers almost all the fields such as politics, economics, art, culture, history, business, sports, entertainment and many other areas. So, a career in journalism brings along a very good salary and perhaps even fame.
- The job opportunities for the B.A in Journalism degree holders are huge and are lucrative today. They can find jobs in newspapers, magazines, central information services, websites, AIR, and television news channels.
- All India Radio
- Fashion Industry
- News & TV Channels
- Press & Printing Firms
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Associate Editor
- Correspondent/Special Reporter
- Proof Reader
- M.A. (Journalism)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism