B.A. English or Bachelor of Arts in English is an undergraduate English language course. It is designed to prepare students to understand and use the English language effectively, build vocabulary and introduce them to current ideas and issues. During the course, the emphasis is also given on Indian writing and the syllabus may see the consolidation of a vision predicated on promoting Indian culture obviously through its literary manifestations. This is the case in all genres of writing: novel, drama, poetry, non-fictional prose. Bachelor of Arts in English is meant for students who wish to do some specialized course in English. The course extends to a period of three years and it is offered by many colleges in India. English is the study of literature, linguistics and philosophy of the English language.
For seeking admission to the Bachelor of Arts in English course, candidates must have completed their 10+2 in arts stream with a good percentage of marks in English from a recognized school board.
- Students who have immense interest in the English language and literature and want to popularize Indian English writings can go for this degree course.
- Applicants those who are thinking of having their Masters’ Degree in English after the completion of B.A. in English degree also suitable for it.
- Those who want to go for further higher studies like Master degree and then for research work also are suitable for it,
- Candidates have a lot of career options in many fields such as Interpreter/translator in government agencies like embassies of foreign countries and the Ministry of External Affairs and tourist guide in travel agencies.
- Graduates can also find a wide range of employment opportunities in KPOs, BPOs, mass communication, public relation and entertainment field.
- They have also further study options for higher classes.
- Educational Institutes
- Coaching Centres
- Government Departments
- Language Institutes
- Translation Centres
- English Translator
- Junior Parliamentary Reporter
- English Content Writer
- Faculty Teacher
- English Trainer
- Data Entry Operator
- IELTS Faculty & English Trainer
- Call Centre Executive
- English Tutor
- Customer Support Executive
- M.A. (English)
- M.Phil. (English)
- Ph.D. (English)